Big Guts Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Big Guts Discussion Forum > Big Guts Discussions > Suggestions

Suggestions Feel free to post suggestions to improve your visits here

Old 23rd October 2007, 07:36 AM
FatMike

Moderation Feedback

Hey Guys

Both Myself and Big Fat Kiddo seem to get a fairly high amount of criticism from certain members here every so often, and unfortunately most of the time we do not know why. Therefore I have decided to create this thread in the Suggestions forum for our members to ask questions if they have had a post deleted, or have any questions or issues they would like to publically take up with us. Our Forum Rules should explain most of the time if you find a post of yours deleted, but if you need further information we are happy to respond and explain.

Feel free to ask a question at any time. We do not bite.
Old 25th October 2007, 11:49 PM
Awesome Big Gut

dublover42 is on a distinguished road
hey guys! just checking in to say you're both doing a great job!
Old 26th October 2007, 04:25 AM
Account Disabled

pavili255 is on a distinguished road
I've learned a lot by taking band. Not only have I learned how to play an instrument, but I've also learned how to take a lot of crap. For example, we had a trip we were going on that got cancelled, we've had lots of tension, etc. My point is, I think you guys are doing a fine job! Sure, I don't agree with everything you say or do, but you're only human. You are entitled to your own oppinions, and you have every right to moderate this board according to the rules set forth.

If I can forgive my band director for the crap he's pulled, I can easily forgive you guys!

And people say band is just an easy A...
Old 26th October 2007, 06:55 AM
Awesome Big Gut

Toddle is on a distinguished road
I'm not in band, and never was except for like a few months in elementary school, and even I know that's bull.

(\__/)
( o.O) This is Bunneh. Copy and paste Bunneh into
(" )_(" ) your signature to help him gain world domination.
Registered Linux User Number: 453194
Current stats: Ask Me
----------------------------------
Old 30th October 2007, 12:52 AM
Junior Big Gut

mycurie is on a distinguished road
First, thanks for starting this; also, thanks for allowing people an opportunity to comment. Certainly, you started this. It's your place to set the rules. Here's one perspective though: I did have full access. I had a yahoo account. Yahoo is really the only non-work e-mail I have. I don't spend the attention to creating various e-mail accounts that aren't readily omnipresent. While I did change my e-mail on here to a non-yahoo, hotmail, gmail or whatever, I still don't have full access. For this I used my work e-mail. I didn't want to; oh well... I understand the want to screen spammers. I would, however, imagine the other domains might arise that send spam eventually too. Then again, I don't know. I do know that there might be those who might want to try getting to know others, might try to understand themselves, but also might be new to setting up more clandestine e-mail accounts. It may not be as seemingly simple for everyone. Also, try to keep in mind people might want to be anonymous for certain reasons (other than being a spammer); Yahoo or Hotmail might allow that for them. While prohibiting potential spammers, you might be prohibiting people who have a lot to offer. I know many might just think I'm an idiot, and it's really the moderator's place to set the standards... However, if you wanted a perspective...
Old 30th October 2007, 06:11 AM
FatMike

This was the administrators decision after a long process of thought due to the fact that there was heavy amounts of bouncing emails to essentially disposable yahoo and hotmail accounts. This was due to the fact that many members who didnt visit the site anymore marked post notifications that they recieved as spam, leading to the administrator to have to sort through hundreds, even thousands of bounced automated post notifications.

We'd love to accept all email addresses, but unfortunately the disposable nature of hotmail/yahoo is a big let-down to that fact. Gmail should work.
Old 7th November 2007, 01:29 AM
Master Big Gut

BigBellyBoi is on a distinguished road
uhm i have a problem..... minor but still a problem, on the home screen, its says there is 1 new post , but i click on it and there are no new posts, is that normal? lol
Old 7th November 2007, 04:38 AM
Account Disabled

pavili255 is on a distinguished road
I've had that problem... it's probably just an error in the code somewhere. It goes away after a while, though...
Old 7th November 2007, 06:34 AM

Guts is on a distinguished road
I'm tending to agree, as the "last visit" field on the home page isn't updating like it usually should - a time for an upgrade soon I guess.

Weight Conversion
Old 7th November 2007, 07:53 AM
Awesome Big Gut

Toddle is on a distinguished road
Just log out and log right back in, it'll go away. It's a delay in the coding or system or something. I get it all the time. That always helps.

(\__/)
( o.O) This is Bunneh. Copy and paste Bunneh into
(" )_(" ) your signature to help him gain world domination.
Registered Linux User Number: 453194
Current stats: Ask Me
----------------------------------