Big Guts Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Big Guts Discussion Forum > Big Guts Discussions > Suggestions

Suggestions Feel free to post suggestions to improve your visits here

Old 4th January 2008, 05:18 PM
Account Disabled

pavili255 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boochan View Post
At the same time, don't expect people to stop asking.

Yeah... that would take a miracle...
Old 4th January 2008, 05:45 PM
Regular Big Gut

Teddy Bear is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_fat_kiddo View Post
Oh please stop crying for god sake.

Icarus knows what he's talking about.

The forum isn't "designed" from 25 and under, but look at the ages of our members...
I have noticed that there are some members who are 40+ and some will be entering their 50s real soon.
Old 4th January 2008, 06:22 PM
Awesome Big Gut

Icarus is on a distinguished road
A rather tiny percentage, and it doesn't really make what their doing here right either. Difference is they keep quiet.
Old 4th January 2008, 07:13 PM
Big_fat_kiddo

I know I have gone out of line, several times, and I apologize for that.
This might sound stupid, and you can do with it whatever you guys want but my at home situation isn't the best one to be in, im discriminated by my own parents for being gay... actually I'm treated like a criminal.

It's gone to a point that I can't even take a shower without them asking what I'm doing in there, they burst in my room at any given moment and check under my matrass and search every corner of my room I can hide something in.

I get yelled at for no reason, They ask me every detail of something I've done, been to or am going to do, and whatever I say they will not believe me.

I know its a bad excuse but I'll try to keep it down a bit.

As for the suggestions that finnaly got heard, I think it will only recude like 10% of the questions.
Old 4th January 2008, 07:38 PM
Regular Big Gut

Teddy Bear is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_fat_kiddo View Post
I know I have gone out of line, several times, and I apologize for that.
This might sound stupid, and you can do with it whatever you guys want but my at home situation isn't the best one to be in, im discriminated by my own parents for being gay... actually I'm treated like a criminal.

It's gone to a point that I can't even take a shower without them asking what I'm doing in there, they burst in my room at any given moment and check under my matrass and search every corner of my room I can hide something in.

I get yelled at for no reason, They ask me every detail of something I've done, been to or am going to do, and whatever I say they will not believe me.

I know its a bad excuse but I'll try to keep it down a bit.

As for the suggestions that finnaly got heard, I think it will only recude like 10% of the questions.
Hey Dude! I understand where your coming from.

I had a rough time growing up when I was young. I wasn't gay, but I had friends who were gay, and I preferred to hang out with them because I couldn't stand the jocks. But although I'm straight, I was a kind of "sissy" boy. In school I was the typical nerd or geek. I was lousy at sports, and preferred reading books on science and Astronomy, doing oil paintings, listening to Classical Music (I also like rock) etc. etc. all that which was labeled "sissy" stuff.

I also had an abusive stepfather who would get drunk and beat up on my mother and I, and I was often put down and ridiculed because of my weight. I was only 15 when I weighed about 220 pounds.

So, I know what it must be like for you.

No need to apologize.

I've been there myself.
Old 12th February 2008, 04:27 AM
Master Big Gut

doughboy is on a distinguished road
I tend to agree with dublover42, that you are doing a great job.
Old 17th February 2008, 04:13 AM
Master Big Gut

BigBellyBoi is on a distinguished road
i think there should be a rule on how moderators can't say crap to members, at least not right on the forum. it's not as if we can even say anything to say, like "thats not true" or watever. you just insult back then lock, its like you have an effing tactic on how to make people feel bad about themselves, i dont feel bad, but some people might....butt i dont even see how this rule would ever work, its not as if you guys would enforce it on yourself....

and in no way are all the moderators bad, im sure most of you are great in real life,some just can be kinda bitchy and mean on the forum...

*sigh* & yes, it was aimed at a certain moderator -.-
Old 17th February 2008, 04:26 AM
FatMike

So we should be banned from having opinions on people? Everyone else displays them, both you and Elfstone were flaming each other and I was getting tired of it... so I'm just allowed to let you both bitch at each other but I'm not allowed to put my opinion across? And my point was not an insult, but a real point.. that people on the forum know your sexual orientation, you don't need to repeat it so often.. It can be very exclusive and we want this forum to be for everyone, and for straight people not to feel left out. Thats the same with some of your posts.. I hate to have to remove them but just posting something to talk about the gayness of some quality is well.. pointless.

You've never chatted to me personally.. Your opinion might be different if you actually did. Its quite frustrating now that any person I want to chat to seems to think I want to keep a tab on them and not actually be their friend.. its something you can only understand if you own or moderate a message board.

Don't take it out on me.. If you could be in my shoes on this board you would feel as excluded, left out and increasingly frustrated as I am while I'm trying to do the right thing to make the forum a better place for everyone. I understand your opinion on the locking of the thread though, and that was only done in pure coincidence with the comment, because both you and Elfstone were flaming each other. I apologise for placing the comment there that you couldn't respond to.. but you put your opinion on here anyway so it got through.

I suggest you try chatting to me and stop thinking that I'm such an evil, hateful, mean person. You think I like been viewed this way?
I'm sure you would hate it if people thought you were one of these people without actually talking to them outside of seeing them try and keep peace on a forum. I'm not heartless, I do get very upset that people don't actually talk to me for those reasons on here when its just so wrong..
I suggest anyone who has a negative view of me on here to actually try and chat to me. Maybe your generalized opinion of seeing me help manage a forum will change very quickly, and you'll get a new friend..

Last edited by FatMike; 17th February 2008 at 04:34 AM.
Old 17th February 2008, 04:34 AM
Master Big Gut

BigBellyBoi is on a distinguished road
yea? well there are some things u shouldnt do or say and things you should, u close every thing that is a problem. instead of fixing it u just close it and ignore it and the fight continues elsewhere and then u close that one and it continues. there are other ways to do things you knoww. and,yes, we were arguing, an exchange of oppinions. You, you just say ur oppinion, lock it, and ignore it. normally, when u display your oppinion, people can say theres. its not just a one way train.
Old 17th February 2008, 04:39 AM
FatMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBellyBoi View Post
yea? well there are some things u shouldnt do or say and things you should, u close every thing that is a problem. instead of fixing it u just close it and ignore it and the fight continues elsewhere and then u close that one and it continues. there are other ways to do things you knoww. and,yes, we were arguing, an exchange of oppinions. You, you just say ur oppinion, lock it, and ignore it. normally, when u display your oppinion, people can say theres. its not just a one way train.
When a flame war is between two people, it doesn't have to continue on the site.. it means everyone else as to see what we are completely not interested in seeing, and it just blows right out of proportion as it did.

This isn't a board where people are here to argue. I suggest you re-read my post again and stop viewing me as such a HATEFUL, EVIL person, and again I ask you again to put yourself in a mod's shoes and have to deal with all the crap, hate and frustration we have to get. Its really a thankless job no matter how busy or dead the forum. I have apologized already for that comment in that thread, as it really shouldn't have been there. But threads which go entirely off the point and just become two people aruging.. there is no place for it here. Do it in private if you really have a problem with each other.. you will find any other forum is the same.

I know I don't view you in the same way you view me.. so I'm just asking simply to look outside the square when your dealing with people online.
Because you still had a problem (and have done with it in the appropriate way here, though since you were targeting me you should have PMed or IMed me), I'm going to unlock the thread and delete my post to show that I was a majority in the wrong. If you two guys start fighting again though, it gets locked. Remember that we all are human and do make mistakes.

So yeah... Thanks for your opinion Lance. Your Idea was just fine, but it would be too hard to implement in all situations.

Last edited by FatMike; 17th February 2008 at 04:42 AM.