Big Guts Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Big Guts Discussion Forum > Big Guts Discussions > Suggestions

Suggestions Feel free to post suggestions to improve your visits here

Closed Thread

Old 29th July 2006, 05:17 AM
Account Disabled

pavili255 is on a distinguished road
Just an idea...

I was noticing something while surfing on here. The moderators are going through and closing old threads. I don't think I like that. Some threads are ok, if they are COMPLEATLY irrelavant and out of date, but there are threads being closed even if they aren't. Sometimes it's good to revive an old topic.

I respect pretty much everything the moderators do, but this is one things that bugs me. Some threads are just forgotten, and then found again. It's fun to talk about old things sometimes, rather than just the same old, "Hey, I gained twenty pounds, here are the pics." or "How do you gain weight quickly?" or "What's the best way to bloat?" or the like. That gets repetitive.
Old 29th July 2006, 05:23 AM
FatMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavili255
I respect pretty much everything the moderators do, but this is one things that bugs me. Some threads are just forgotten, and then found again..
If you took a closer look you would see most of the threads are being revived just because most members want to quickly get over 7 posts. Its quite a pattern that I and BFK have seen over the past month or so, and the two that I have closed today have being irrelevant and bumped back up by people who have being under the 7 post threshold when they have posted it.

Give me some examples of threads that carry these qualities (i.e They are relavant, have being bumped up by persons with more then 7 posts and that have being around for more then 2wks and are not painfully old), and I think you won't find hardly any threads that have being closed for no good reason. A lot of the threads being closed have also being started by people who have left the forum or have being asked to have there account disabled, as well as the fact that if you don't look at the posts dates it can confuse many members.

Last edited by FatMike; 29th July 2006 at 05:27 AM.
Old 29th July 2006, 05:34 AM
Account Disabled

I just noticed that a few have been closed that I could have, or would have liked to replied to. I can't recall any right off the top of my head right now. And like I said, if it's completely irrelavant or out of date, then I don't mind.

And I wasn't talking about the threads of people asking to have their account removed. Those could be deleted for all I care.

Like I said, I appreciate all you guys do. I just think you guys should look more closely at threads you're closing.
Old 29th July 2006, 05:37 AM
FatMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavili255
And I wasn't talking about the threads of people asking to have their account removed. Those could be deleted for all I care.
I meant by this that a lot of the older threads bumping up are created by people whose accounts have being deleted, and a lot of them ask questions and that to them, and they're no longer here.

Thanks for the Input, and next time PM me or another mod whenever you disagree with the closure of a thread you would have liked to reply in, as most of the time the ones that are closed are too old (some almost 2yrs old) or no longer relavant.
Old 29th July 2006, 05:56 AM
Account Disabled

Thanks, I'll do that from now on.
Old 2nd August 2006, 12:59 PM
Junior Big Gut

hairyladuk is on a distinguished road
always good to read up on history
Old 3rd August 2006, 02:52 AM
Graduating Big Gut

minigut is on a distinguished road
yeah i agree they should be deleted
Old 3rd August 2006, 04:37 AM
Awesome Big Gut

bobbysgut is on a distinguished road
Well, the problem is that someone will try to revive a topic that is completely dead. For instance, they will comment on someone's gain but the original thread is a year old. And at that point the person commenting is probably doing what Boochan said, just trying to get to 7 posts. That is when they are closing off the thread. They are keeping open relevant topics that are not ridiculously old. If it is a topic that they think people are still interested in then it is kept.
Old 3rd August 2006, 08:25 AM
Big_fat_kiddo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbysgut
Well, the problem is that someone will try to revive a topic that is completely dead. For instance, they will comment on someone's gain but the original thread is a year old. And at that point the person commenting is probably doing what Boochan said, just trying to get to 7 posts. That is when they are closing off the thread. They are keeping open relevant topics that are not ridiculously old. If it is a topic that they think people are still interested in then it is kept.
And ofcourse, it stays open if someone makes a valuable post, even if the topic is very old.
Old 3rd August 2006, 05:39 PM
Account Disabled

Yeah, that's true.

I was commenting on like the weight gain posts to begin with... but you guys are right. If it's an old one about someone's weight gain, it should probably be closed.

However, if it's relevant, or can be revived, then it shouldn't be closed. I guess that's what I was trying to say.

Sorry for starting this whole thing. I don't process things in my head very well sometimes, and then make stupid comments.
Closed Thread