Big Guts Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Big Guts Discussion Forum > Big Guts Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Tell us about yourself here

Closed Thread

Old 10th February 2008, 03:37 PM
Account Disabled

getmefatquick is on a distinguished road
fast metabolism

ok, can some one please solve this problem once and for all, how do i slow my metabolism
Old 10th February 2008, 05:43 PM
Awesome Big Gut

fatlineman72 is on a distinguished road
spend a lot of time sitting in fornt of the tv and not moving around. eat as much as possible, preferable Warm food instead of cold food. theres not really much you can do except try and beat it.
Old 10th February 2008, 06:20 PM
Account Disabled

notyouraveragefatguy is on a distinguished road
i find eating a lot before you go to bed slows down your metabolism as when you asleep you dont exhert any energy so its just stored as fat
Old 10th February 2008, 07:02 PM
Awesome Big Gut

jackjackjack is on a distinguished road
your metabolism will adjust if you be lazy for a month, or just eat a lot of food and eventually your metabolism will adjust
It's not so hard, I used to have the quickest in the world and now mine's slowed down a bit
Old 18th February 2008, 01:21 PM
Awesome Big Gut

xxxxx is on a distinguished road
I was under the impression that there wadn't much you could do about your metabloism. I have a fast one and my gaining plan is jsut to eat enough to beat it.
If its true that you can slow it down through lazyness that would be most good.
Old 19th February 2008, 12:08 PM
Account Disabled

blargh127 is on a distinguished road
Yeah.. just not exercising and putting your body into a false sense of starvation (like not eating a meal) dips your metabolism WAYYYYYYYY down.. I learned that on the ticker signs at the DMV.. haha.. "People are 4 times more likely to become overweight if they do not eat breakfast. This is due to normally eating extremely large portions during their next meal."

You can skip breakfast and stuff your face at lunch.. or.. have breakfast.. but still stuff yourself at lunch.. and then before bed. (Calories can't be burned if they're not used). That and it's mental too; I keep telling myself I'm fat/chubby/getting bigger et cetera which (although I'm still skinny) not only is fun to hear, but also it fools the subconscious into thinking "ya know.. I'm fat" and your body starts acting like it's fat.. taking in more food, more excess calories.. fun things like that. That's why people who you call a certain thing.. like fat.. stupid.. slutty.. start acting that way; they preceive it as truth. Although most of the time, it isn't true. Insults suck.. being called fat though.. I prefer. Haha.
Old 21st February 2008, 05:56 AM
Senior Big Gut

troodon is on a distinguished road
Well if you consume more calories than you expend, you will gain weight, eventually... having a faster metabolism just means you need to consume a lot more calories to actually be able to gain anything. Your best bet is to consume very calorie-dense foods where it's easy to consume many calories in a single setting.

Not much you can do about your metabolism directly... being less physically active will slow it down a little, but not by much. Remaining reasonably active will make it harder to gain weight but will also help counteract the health problems usually associaoted with high weight, so keep that in mind.

BTW the "eating a lot before going to bed" thing is a disproven myth. It's actually been tested, and proven that when you conusme calories has no real effect on whether you'll gain weight or not, just how many calories you consume in a day matters. However just before bed is an easy way to fit more calories into your intake as they'll all be digested by the time you feel like eating again.

If appetite's a problem (you have trouble consuming a lot of calories) spreading them out throughout the day may help you consume more than if you try to stuff yourself a lot in a single sitting. Basically whenever you have the opportunity to eat, do so, eventually the calories will add up.

Last edited by troodon; 21st February 2008 at 05:58 AM.
Old 21st February 2008, 09:30 AM
Awesome Big Gut

xxxxx is on a distinguished road
cheers blargh, thats nice to know that i can slow my metabolism dwon.
thanks fro the advice
Old 3rd March 2008, 12:57 AM
Graduating Big Gut

biguy305 is on a distinguished road
Your metabolism will slow as you get older.
Old 20th May 2009, 06:46 AM
Awesome Big Gut

The Saxon Master is on a distinguished road
it slows as you age

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wQJeuuM/

"Fat is the Future"

I'm always up for a chat, so please feel free to pm or leave visitor messages. Advice is especially appreciated...

http://www.thegreatgainingblog.blogspot.com
Closed Thread