Big Guts Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Big Guts Discussion Forum > Big Guts Discussions > Off Topic

Off Topic Off Topic Discussions About Anything

Old 15th December 2010, 08:13 AM

Guts is on a distinguished road
Guts retiring BigGuts.com winding down

Now that the remaining staff of BigGuts.com have decided to move on and follow other interests, and I thank them all for the great work they have all put in over the six years or so, I find myself with very little time to keep the site running.

This place is filled with great people just quietly doing their stuff, enjoying themselves all without harming anyone at all, but the time element in keeping the spammers and the numerous trolls out is tedious to say the least.

To all the good members of the site which have posted on-topic, and good off-topic bits, I thank you, it’s been a joy to keep it all organised.

To the others who like to waste their time crapping on, spreading bullshit and passing on threats, you won’t be missed when that big anti-bullshit bus finally hits you.

As part of the winding down process, new registrations have now been turned off and the 185 new registrations from the past 10 days will not be processed. Of interest, 73 of those 185 recent registrations are from losers – trolls and spammers.

Further winding down information to follow.

Weight Conversion
Old 15th December 2010, 01:13 PM
Awesome Big Gut

gooseface is on a distinguished road
It had a good run. Thanks for all the work over the years Guts . It was very much appreciated.

Cheers
Old 15th December 2010, 06:19 PM
Awesome Big Gut

eckgor is on a distinguished road
WOW! This has been so much fun....part of my weekly time spent on the net. I logged over 200 responses and loved every one of them over almost 4 years. What a shame a classy net site had so many spammers to make it an ugly chore to clean out. But you all did, and THANKS for that, too.
<tears>
Old 15th December 2010, 07:46 PM
Senior Big Gut

aboi42294 is on a distinguished road
wow this site was a god send for me three years ago when i was thirteen. It helped me find and accept who i really was. It is a part of my daily routine that will definitely be missed. I've made great friends throughout the years through this site and great memories. My only regret is that i didnt put my opinion in on more topics that i actually had something to say about. Thank you to all the moderators who kept Bigguts up for as long as they did. This site will definitely be remembered and missed by everyone.
Old 15th December 2010, 08:27 PM
Awesome Big Gut

ChubbyLevi is on a distinguished road
This site as been so amazing! Almost everyone has been so nice to me and to others. I would like to thank all who ran this site, this site helped me discover who i was and to understand my 'strange' feelings i had towards fat and weight gain. not sure what i would of done with out bigguts.com!! I'm so sad to see this site go, im actually tearing up a bit right now and im in the office too. Take care every body <3
Old 15th December 2010, 09:33 PM
Regular Big Gut

FatAndLazy is on a distinguished road
Wow, I'm sad to hear the news of the site shutting down since I just joined a month ago!

Frankly since I joined I've concluded it's not the right place for me to socialize-- I'm 41 and the average age here seems to be around 17. Still, the quality of the discussions here has been impressive, which has kept me coming back. People seem to be grappling more here than on similar sites with trying understand themselves and their unusual desires, which is of great interest to me.

I wish there had been a place like this back when I was in high school/college, I think it would have made life a lot easier for me. But the internet barely existed back then & it's not like there's a lot of (any?) research or literature on the topic (even now, much less 20 years ago), or anyplace you can go out in the 'real world' to get advice and/or validation for your feelings. Very few people I've talked to about these things over the years (including professional therapists) were even able to understand where I was coming from, much less give insightful feedback.

Well anyway, thanks for keeping a good website running for so long, and good luck with your next endeavor.
Old 15th December 2010, 10:37 PM
Senior Big Gut

GrowingGordito is on a distinguished road
I'll always be grateful to Bigguts for introducing me to the gaining community. Belly rubs all around.
Old 16th December 2010, 07:33 AM
Graduating Big Gut

Rallion is on a distinguished road
Is there no one who have the interest, to adopt the administration of this site. I think among all the long year user and moderators, is there no one who have the will and ability to continue the administrator work?
Old 16th December 2010, 11:37 AM
Awesome Big Gut

Ranch90 is on a distinguished road
Its sad that this site has to go...it has been a regular pitstop on my internet surfing for ages... One question, what happens to all the stories and the like, will they be archived somewhere?
Old 16th December 2010, 08:14 PM
Awesome Big Gut

Chronic is on a distinguished road
I just want to ask, the site is not going to accept any registrations, but those who are still members are still able to post? Or is the site going to be terminated.