Big Guts Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Big Guts Discussion Forum > Big Guts Discussions > Funnies

Funnies Got a good joke, or funny story to share - here's the place to put it

Closed Thread

Old 12th December 2005, 04:34 PM
Senior Big Gut

Ralph is on a distinguished road
The dreaded bussiness suit.

A couple of days ago I had to go to a speech class while wearing a complete suit (vest and all) for a speech and a mock interview as the final grade. So the teacher, being the "perfect" person he tries to convey, explains to the class the "proper" way to wearing the business suit. Me, on the other hand, I was too busy looking at dust particles accumulate when I suddenly heard the teacher mention that when wearing business pants that we should place it over our guts.

Now I'm a sensible person when it comes to dress apparel but to be able to stretch a +46 waist pants over a +58 gut was just laughable. But about 2 seconds after the teacher had mentioned that one of my classmates, who is about 1 foot taller than me and maybe weighed more than 300+ pounds, just asks,"What about us big guys with the guts?". At that moment I look up and feel almost every single look at me. I swear to you, I felt so embarassed at that moment that my head would have imploded. The teacher however, almost as shocked to hear something like that, couldn't think of a good excuse.

The strange thing about this though was that I felt a little proud for both me and my classmate seeing as we were both the only 300+ pound people around. It was cool to have someone speak on my behalf and to stand up for the big guys.

So...has anything like this ever happened to you all? And is it "proper" to wear the pant's waist over the gut?
Old 12th December 2005, 08:48 PM
Awesome Big Gut

erik13 is on a distinguished road
I don't think I've ever been in a situation like that...

But, I think if you have a big gut, than you should wear dress pants over it. I think that's the "proper" way anyway. When I'm in plays I have to do that... It's just very uncomfortble. My gut is, like, 53'' and I just don't like squeezing it in. Normally I wear my pants under mine.

That's a cool story though... that other guy seems pretty cool, just asking that and thinking nothing of it.
Old 13th December 2005, 06:59 PM
Awesome Big Gut

BigBellyDude is on a distinguished road
Pants worn over the gut is for the thin or in shape man that has a 30 waist and 30 gut. For us "big boys" the gut rules the pants! Wear the pants under the gut. A size 46 doesn't stand a chance getting around the 58 gut. I think pants over a big gut looks stupid. Check out the big bellied men around town during business hours. You won't see too many of them wearing the pants over the gut! The big gut jutting over the pants supportted by a snug barely visable belt, framed by a jacket is the proper image!
Old 14th December 2005, 04:25 PM
Senior Big Gut

Ralph is on a distinguished road
But I guess when you get to the point where your gut reaches over 70 there really isn't much choice. Someone would be really hardpressed to find a shirt long and wide enough to cover that mountain! I'm not at that point (or at least no yet) so I guess I'll just let it hang out.
Old 12th March 2006, 03:54 AM
WTFOMGwolfgang

Under the gut, but with a thick belt, so it's not a very obvious overhang, then wear a suit jacket.
Old 2nd December 2006, 03:53 AM
Junior Big Gut

caporite99 is on a distinguished road
You get the pants big enough to fit around the belly and use suspenders. No belly fold.
Old 3rd December 2006, 03:09 AM
Regular Big Gut

ivegottabiggut is on a distinguished road
in my opinion, we should all wear pants wherever we want to. forget about being "proper"
Old 15th February 2007, 01:55 AM
Regular Big Gut

estharwolf is on a distinguished road
I would have to agree with you
Old 15th February 2007, 03:52 AM
Regular Big Gut

notsolittlepiggy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
And is it "proper" to wear the pant's waist over the gut?
That might have been proper a century ago, but I just can't see it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBellyDude View Post
I think pants over a big gut looks stupid. Check out the big bellied men around town during business hours. You won't see too many of them wearing the pants over the gut! The big gut jutting over the pants supportted by a snug barely visable belt, framed by a jacket is the proper image!
This is what I've seen around town. Personally I think it looks so much better and I'm glad most men have chosen to wear their pants that way.

There is a problem if you try to wear your pants over your gut unless you also wear suspenders. There's no way your pants are going to stay up unless you pull the belt rather tight... and then what do you have... underhang and overhang? It seems that guys that wear their pants that way daily end up with a permanent indentation, with their fat molded around where the belt is worn. To me, that totally ruins the beauty of a big belly seeing a big groove cut into the fat.

Now for the next obvious question... where should the end of your tie be if your pants are below your gut? My opinion is the bottom of the tie should be just below where your belly starts to curve back in toward the belt.
Old 17th February 2007, 07:45 AM
Senior Big Gut

troodon is on a distinguished road
Would have to go the suspender route I suppose once the belt is no longer a viable option. I don't even own a "suit" per se (most formal thing I ever owned was my Air Force dress uniform, which of course no longer fits lol...)

For the tie, if you go the suspender route, I guess the length of the tie should reach down to about an inch above the virtual waistline (whererver the belt would be, if you were wearing one).
Closed Thread