Go Back   Big Guts Discussion Forum > Big Guts Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Tell us about yourself here

Closed Thread

Old 17th October 2008, 05:26 AM
Regular Big Gut

Littlebelly is on a distinguished road
Gaining for the Wrong Reasons

Howdy guys,

Finished a rather lengthy discussion on psychoanalysis and I had something niggling me in the back of my mind and figured I'd present it here.

I'm pretty happy with my own gaining and bloating and such, so this isn't about me, but I was wondering if not all gaining desires are healthy? Granted fat isn't as healthy as skinny, but aside from that, if a person stuffs themselves silly to compensate for something else that's lacking in their life (companionship or what have you) is their gaining really healthy? This is probably not terribly common (everyone here seems rather well adjusted and happy go lucky), but what if a person wanted to gain weight because they weren't happy, or because they use the weight gain and the eating to substitute for something else.

I desperately hope I'm makings sense, here.

I know we're all about cheering on weight gain, but I just wanted to see what people thought about this. Is it possible to want to gain weight for the wrong reasons? What most of us here have is a fetish, or at the very least a fantasy that goes against cultural norms, and things like that are generally always triggered by something or another as we're developing emotionally. What if that trigger was something negative?

If your heads are all exploding right now, I apologize. I was feeling nerdy and wanted to throw something out there to get input. And I hope it's worded well enough...

That said, I personally believe a big, fat belly is the sexiest thing in the universe, so I'm not arguing against it.

Ok, I'm done, lol.
Old 17th October 2008, 05:48 AM
dan89

I can see where you're coming from. I think most people here are actually gaining because they want too though unlike others who might be because they are depressed or emotional.
Old 17th October 2008, 10:22 AM
FatMike

Fantastic Subject! =]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebelly View Post
I'm pretty happy with my own gaining and bloating and such, so this isn't about me, but I was wondering if not all gaining desires are healthy? Granted fat isn't as healthy as skinny, but aside from that, if a person stuffs themselves silly to compensate for something else that's lacking in their life (companionship or what have you) is their gaining really healthy?
Your completely right about this. I think the best example is either companionship like you said, or the fact that they're depressed or have mental problems. Nothing more that I dislike around this community are members that are gaining weight, but are self conscious about their bodies still. If your self conscious about your extra fat and your embarrassed about it in public, then quite simply you should not be gaining.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebelly View Post
I know we're all about cheering on weight gain, but I just wanted to see what people thought about this. Is it possible to want to gain weight for the wrong reasons?
Of course it is, and if you ever detect that there's something off with a member here who is gaining or you chat to on MSN, PM or what have you, then I recommend that you let them know they shouldn't be doing what they're doing for their own good.
Old 17th October 2008, 11:36 PM
Awesome Big Gut

dublover42 is on a distinguished road
I see where you are coming from, I believe that some people are in fact gaining for the wrong reasons (emotional eating and whatnot, though that could also come to play with the gaining for the right reasons too).
I gain, but I also make sure that I stay healthy too, though my doctor bitches about how heavy I am, I am healthy otherwise (normal heart rate/blood pressure, normal cholesterol, yadda yadda yadda) my doctor has even told me (during my yearly physicals for Insurance woo :P ) that "besides weight I am completely healthy".
so I think Im golden But the first time something happens that makes me unhealthier besides being obese, I'm going to want to stop (though it might be difficult...)
Old 18th October 2008, 03:16 AM
Master Big Gut

doughboy is on a distinguished road
doughboy

With many of us, the weight gain "just happened." No emotional problems or eating disorders. Some guys, well; all brains and no brawn... but LOOK-OUT! Here comes that belly! LOL! Can someone PLEASE complete this explanation?
Old 10th November 2008, 03:00 PM
Junior Big Gut

princely54 is on a distinguished road
Like Doughboy said, I just have always been able to gain weight easily. Sometimes I like it, and sometimes I don't. Depends on the context.

I am sure like every other group of humans in the world, some do it for unhealthy reasons and some just are that way.
Closed Thread