Big Guts Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Big Guts Discussion Forum > Big Guts Discussions > Contests


Contests Who's got a bigger gut?

View Poll Results: Belly Contest 2007?
Yes 23 46.94%
Yes, and I will participate 12 24.49%
Yes, only for the pictures 11 22.45%
No 3 6.12%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 19th February 2007, 03:50 PM
Big_fat_kiddo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
2007 belly contest?

How interested is everyone in doing another belly contest?

Before I start anything, I want to gather some info on who would like to see another contest being started, and who might participate, and not only says yes because it involves seeing pictures.

I would also like to state that last years winner, can not participate in this contest to keep things fair.

If you have any ideas for the contest, I would be pleased to hear them.

This post includes a private poll, so nobody (not even us) can see what you voted for.
  #2  
Old 20th February 2007, 08:41 AM
FatMike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
No, since everyone asked for it constantly and almost nobody participated.
  #3  
Old 20th February 2007, 10:55 AM
Big_fat_kiddo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
We'll see, if nobody seems to participate, I will close it.
  #4  
Old 20th February 2007, 02:24 PM
Omniscient Omniscient is offline
Retired Staff Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Sweden
Posts: 845
Omniscient is on a distinguished road
I agree with Booch, no.
  #5  
Old 20th February 2007, 02:30 PM
Big_fat_kiddo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
It's also about the "Yes, and I will participate" answer.
If we get atleast 8 people to vote that, I will open a thread where you can sign up, if we get those 8 people there aswel, I will open a contest thread.
  #6  
Old 20th February 2007, 04:19 PM
Pandachan's Avatar
Pandachan Pandachan is offline
Senior Big Gut
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Texass
Posts: 81
Pandachan is on a distinguished road
I wasn't here for the 06 competition, it sounds like a good idea in theory to me, but I have a few reservations I guess...it almost seems like human nature that once people find a common interest they have to make a competition out of it, and it's hard to see how one belly is necessarily ''better'' than another.

Another question, in the last competition were there categories or just an overall winner?
  #7  
Old 20th February 2007, 06:18 PM
Big_fat_kiddo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Everyone could join, no mather what size or shape.
We let the community vote to pick a winner, on which belly they like best.
As everyone might have noticed, Boochan won last year.

The sad part is, only 5(?) people participated, while around 300 members asked for it.
Which made out conclusion rather simple: They didn't asked for it because they wanted a contest, they asked for it just to see pictures.

Now, with the new members and all I want to give it 1 last try, if this fails, there won't be any contest ever again.
  #8  
Old 20th February 2007, 06:57 PM
Pandachan's Avatar
Pandachan Pandachan is offline
Senior Big Gut
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Texass
Posts: 81
Pandachan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_fat_kiddo View Post
Everyone could join, no mather what size or shape.
We let the community vote to pick a winner, on which belly they like best.
As everyone might have noticed, Boochan won last year.

The sad part is, only 5(?) people participated, while around 300 members asked for it.
Which made out conclusion rather simple: They didn't asked for it because they wanted a contest, they asked for it just to see pictures.

Now, with the new members and all I want to give it 1 last try, if this fails, there won't be any contest ever again.
In my opinion its likely two factors. The first is the reason voting turnout for elections is always low. Everyone loves democracy, but people are fundamentally lazy, and would rather not take the initiative.

The other aspect is probably self image, I doubt anyone would want to lose or for their image to take last place...It's putting oneself at risk for an ego bruising.

Those things in mind, if you really want a belly competition to work you can't rely on volunteers. You need to choose participants you believe would do well in a competition, and tell them they've been nominated personally by the staff and ask if their images may be used in a final competition. For starters, it'd be flattering to recieve such a personalized compliment, and considering the honor and the fact that they're comfortable enough to post their images in the first place...its very likely they'd acquiesce.

It would mean some work for the staff, but considering the popular acclaim for the competition, I think it's a worthwhile endeavor.

Last edited by Pandachan; 20th February 2007 at 07:00 PM. Reason: I'm so hungry right now
  #9  
Old 20th February 2007, 07:48 PM
Omniscient Omniscient is offline
Retired Staff Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Sweden
Posts: 845
Omniscient is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandachan View Post
You need to choose participants you believe would do well in a competition, and tell them they've been nominated personally by the staff and ask if their images may be used in a final competition. For starters, it'd be flattering to recieve such a personalized compliment, and considering the honor and the fact that they're comfortable enough to post their images in the first place...its very likely they'd acquiesce.

It would mean some work for the staff, but considering the popular acclaim for the competition, I think it's a worthwhile endeavor.
When you put it like that, let's have a contest!
  #10  
Old 20th February 2007, 08:39 PM
Pandachan's Avatar
Pandachan Pandachan is offline
Senior Big Gut
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Texass
Posts: 81
Pandachan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniscient View Post
When you put it like that, let's have a contest!
Hehe, cool I'd love to help if it happens, considering i don't have the tummy to enter.
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dave's New Regimen! Iggy Stories 53 30th July 2010 08:56 PM
work at home bulge skinnyguy Stories 1 28th December 2006 07:35 AM
a forty pound christmas present skinnyguy Stories 4 23rd December 2006 08:54 AM
Great gainer/beer belly story... jiggly_gut Stories 6 2nd November 2006 02:34 PM
Contest young gain General Discussion 8 18th June 2005 10:38 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:24 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.