Big Guts Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Big Guts Discussion Forum > Big Guts Discussions > Polls

Polls Want to run a poll, this is the place

View Poll Results: How much do you weigh?
200 or less 338 43.95%
200- 250 209 27.18%
250-300 99 12.87%
300- 350 60 7.80%
350- 400 22 2.86%
400+ 41 5.33%
Voters: 769. You may not vote on this poll

Old 24th September 2004, 07:00 PM
Senior Big Gut

BishopboyCA is on a distinguished road
How much do you weigh?

How much do some of you guys weigh? Please post how long you have gaining.
Old 24th September 2004, 10:03 PM

Guts is on a distinguished road
Option #4 for me

Weight Conversion
Old 24th September 2004, 11:59 PM
Senior Big Gut

Option #2 for me.
Old 25th September 2004, 01:14 AM

BigBaldie is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

I'm at 285 now. Been actually working at it less than a year/
Old 25th September 2004, 05:45 AM
Senior Big Gut

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBaldie
I'm at 285 now.
I'm at 235 myself, but I want to be at least 300 by the time I start college. Do you have any suggestions? How much are you aiming for?
Old 25th September 2004, 06:22 AM
Regular Big Gut

Williebear is on a distinguished road
Post Just weigh in

Just recently weigh in on Friday (9-24) and I'm 345 pounds here myself. I use to be 352 pounds last year.
Old 25th September 2004, 01:42 PM

Thumbs up weight

Bishopboy,
I'm aiming for 301 by the holidays. (got to break the 300 mark! ) I've put on 5# in the last month. Hopefully I can add the remaining 16 by then. The holidays are usually an excellent time for gaining. I'd like this gut to measure 50", but will just have to keep working on it.
Big Baldie
Old 25th September 2004, 03:04 PM

Thumbs up weight

Bishopboy,
Suggestions? First thing I will say.....keep yourself healthy! Being a fat man and having a big gut is not worth your health. You can't enjoy it otherwise.
I think all the guys on this forum will agree. Since you are young, take your growing slowly. Don't be in a hurry to reach that goal. Trust me, we all know that feeling.
Growing a big gut does not mean you have to be totally motionless. Walk regularly, even climb the stairs sometimes. Keep your heart strong. That should be your primary goal while you are adding the weight and the inches.
Now, one thing you can do is eat a large bowl of ice cream just before you got to bed. Keep chips and other snacks in the bedroom near your computer.
Munch away while you're surfing and chatting. When you're older and in college, you'll find that beer will help that gut grow, too.
You want to add 65# before you leave for college. How long do you have to do that? Maybe consider lowering that goal a bit if you don't have much time.
Then, go for it during your freshman year.
These are just thoughts and ideas for you to consider. Everything does not work for every man. Try things out, make adjustments to fit you. You'll get there.........that 300# goal will get here faster than you can imagine.
My Best,
Big Baldie
Old 25th September 2004, 11:01 PM

Thumbs up more advice

bishopboy,
I copied this from the BellyBuilders/Gainerweb forum. It was posted by CMHchaser last winter. Sounds to me like some excellent ideas. I realize it's long, but may be well worth reading.
Big Baldie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Increase the number of times you eat each day if you usually have 3 meals per day, start eating 5 or 6 times per day. You may want to plan your meals something like this: Breakfast, Snack, Lunch, Snack, Dinner, Snack

Don't count on your appetite. Eat even if you aren't hungry. Watch the clock and eat something every 2 to 3 hours, whether you feel like it or not.

Eat more foods that are high in calories and protein, such as milk, cheese, meats and peanut butter.

Make your snacks count! Eat healthy foods high in calories and protein between meals. Add extra fat to your food. It can increase calories a lot without your having eat a larger amount of food

Add sugar, honey, syrup, brown sugar and other sweet things to your food. Put jams and jellies on breads, toast, rolls, pancakes and waffles. Put sugar or honey in your coffee or tea. Add it to your cereal.

Eat dried fruit such as raisins, prunes, dried apricots, dried apples, dried peaches, figs and dates. These are good by themselves or mixed with nuts for a snack. Add them to hot cereal such as oatmeal and cream of wheat.

Gaining Weight With Dairy Products

Drink milk as your beverage with meals. It has more calories and protein than juice, tea, water or soft drinks. If you don't care for regular milk, try chocolate milk, buttermilk, eggnog, hot cocoa or milk shakes.

Use milk instead of water to make to make soups and hot cereals

Regular milk has more calories than low-fat milk or sweet acidophilus milk. Half and half has the most calories of them all! It can be used in place of milk for drinking and in any recipe.

Make extra strength milk by mixing 2 heaping tablespoons of dry powdered milk into every cup of milk that you use.

Have ice cream as your desert often. It also makes a great snack in a bowl or a cone. You might also try adding it to breakfast cereal in the morning. Top your waffles or pancakes with ice cream.

Gaining Weight With Extra Cheese

Mix cheese into your eggs when cooking.

Have cheeseburgers instead of plain hamburgers. Put cheese in all your meat sandwiches.

Melt cheese into your meatloaf and spaghetti. Put extra cheese on pizza. Put cheese into your mashed potatoes and on your baked potato. Melt cheese onto other vegetables too.

Put cheese on top of salads, soups, and chili.

Make melted cheese toast instead of plain buttered toast. Put a piece of cheese inside of hot biscuits, rolls and cornbread.

Gaining Weight With Extra Meat

Double the amount of meat you usually put on sandwiches. Put two hamburger patties on your hamburger bun.

Have two to three helpings of meat at meals.

Put chopped cooked meats into soups and salads, and on top of pizza.

Gaining Weight With Peanut Butter

Spread peanut butter thick on your sandwiches or crackers.

Put peanut butter on pancakes and waffles before you pour on the syrup.
Spread peanut butter on apples, bananas or pears at snack time. Blend peanut butter into milk shakes. Put peanut butter on hot toast and hot biscuits. It tastes great melted!

Fill the dent in sticks of raw celery with peanut butter. Makes a good snack.

Spread peanut butter on cookies, vanilla wafers, and graham crackers before eating

Gaining Weight With Extra Fat

A teaspoon of butter or margarine will add 45 calories. Mix it into foods such as soups, vegetables, mashed potatoes, cooked cereal, rice and casseroles. Spread it on bread, rolls, cornbread and biscuits. You'll use more if these breads are hot when you spread on the butter or margarine.

Salad dressings are a very tasty way to add fat to your food. Try Ranch, Blue Cheese or Buttermilk dressing on sandwiches. Pour it over baked potatoes, or use it as a dip for vegetables.

A tablespoon of mayonnaise has 100 calories. Salad dressing looks like mayonnaise, but has only half the calories. Put mayonnaise on your sandwiches. Put a lot of mayonnaise in tuna salad, egg salad, chicken salad, ham salad. Try it on a peanut butter sandwich.

Sour cream has a lot of calories, too. Put sour cream on cooked vegetables such as potatoes, beans, carrots and squash. Top your bowl of chili, salad and soups with it. Add sour cream to casseroles. Dip raw vegetables into sour cream. Put it on top of fresh fruit with some sugar for dessert.

Whipping cream has 60 calories in each tablespoon Add it to pies, fruit, puddings and other desserts, Top your hot chocolate or cocoa with whipped cream.

Frosting is made of fat and sugar. You can buy it already made in cans. Top fruits, cookies, pudding, cakes and other desserts with frosting

Fry your foods rather than baking or roasting them. If you roll your meats and vegetables in flour or crumbs before frying them, they will hold onto more of the fat and calories.

Put gravy and cream sauces on your meats and vegetables.

Eating By The Numbers

Number 1: Liquids Water is not the best choice for drinking since it has no calories. Good choices are milk, eggnog, cocoa, juice, and punch.

Number 2: Fruits and Vegetables Fruits and vegetables won't help you gain weight, They are very low in calories. When you are trying to gain weight limit your self to four servings per day of fruits and vegetables. Eat more protein foods like meats, eggs, cheese and peanut butter, and eat more starchy foods like bread, cereal and macaroni instead.

Number 3: Hot Soups Soup can be a problem. Soups are mostly water, and water has no calories. If you like soup, consider making it from milk instead of water. Also try adding extra meat, noodles, cheese or chopped eggs to it to increase the calories.

Number 4: Soft Drinks Go for the sugar! It has the calories you need right now. You should have regular soft drinks, not diet soft drinks. Add extra sugar to them if you wish. You might want to add a scoop or two of ice cream to your glass to give you even more calories.

Number 5: Sugar Sugar is your friend! Sugar not only has calories itself, but it makes food taste good. You may be able to eat a bit more if you sweeten your food with sugar, jelly, syrup or honey. Put extra sugar in your cereal. Don't be afraid to eat candy bars, cakes and cookies in addition to your healthy food.

Number 6: Fried Foods You need calories and fat has more calories in it than any other food. When you fry foods you just about double the number of calories in them. If you are able to digest a lot of fat, eat fried foods instead of baked, roasted, or boiled.

Number 7: Eggs Eggs are very good for you. They have a lot of protein. If you want a half dozen eggs every day for breakfast, lunch, and supper, that would be great!

Number 8: Butter Butter and margarine can help you gain weight. They are very high in calories So are mayonnaise, sour cream and salad dressing.

Number 9: Whole Milk Drink the type of milk that has the most calories. Skim milk and low fat milk have too few calories. Drink regular milk, also called "whole milk", instead. And add chocolate or strawberry powder if you wish to vary the flavor (and add calories)!

Tips If You Have a Poor Appetite

Find an Encourager to help you! Get support by phone, email, IM, or in person

Some days you just may not feel like eating. It can be caused by many different things - illness, tiredness, worry. It is important to eat well even on days like this. You'll find it helps your mood as well as your body.
Watch the clock. Eat something every hour or two whether you feel like it or not.

Eat food that you really love at this time. If you can find one thing you enjoy eating, just eat it all day long. Bowl after bowl of ice cream, or one grilled cheese sandwich after would be fine!

Sometimes you can't eat solid food, but you'll be able to drink things. Try milkshakes. Mix it with some weight gain powder from your local nutrition center and you will have a drink packed with calories.

Keep snacks right beside you in your home. You might be able to nibble enough to finish quite a bit of food. Carry a bag of trail mix with you wherever you go. It's tasty, nutritious and fattening.

Tips If You Are In A Hurry

Let an Encourager bring you food! Ask others for help in gaining weight. Encouragers love it

If you are too tired to cook, then try take-out restaurants. Hamburgers, pizza, Mexican food, chicken and Chinese food can all be obtained this way.

Eat canned foods. Try creamed soups, spaghetti, chili, chow mien and other things. They may not taste the greatest, but they'll get some food in your ever expanding stomach. And if you eat a piece of fruit for dessert and drink a glass of milk or juice, you've got a balanced meal!

Eat frozen foods. Frozen dinners, pizza, egg rolls, macaroni and cheese, fried chicken and fish. Just pop them in the oven, and set a timer. Come back after a little nap and you're ready to eat. Drink a glass of milk or juice, and add a piece of fruit.
Old 26th September 2004, 03:43 AM
Senior Big Gut

Thanks BigBaldie- should i consider lowering my goal with 3 years to college?