Big Guts Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Big Guts Discussion Forum > Big Guts Discussions > Stories

Stories Authors are invited to submit stories here

Old 29th May 2007, 03:28 PM
Senior Big Gut

Phoenix Brave is on a distinguished road
A Rough Summer

Okay, now that I'm back, I thought I might just start posting a new story I've been working on. It's basically about a kid who's very obese and has negative thoughts about his body image. However, when he moves to a new place, he finds friends that actually like him for who he is, and it changes his view on himself, as well as how the world views him (probably).

NOTE: The beginning of the story may be a bit of a downer, or more of a negative thing, so please, do not think of this as a negativity story towards fat and obesity and what-not. Oh, whatever, just read it. I've blabbed on enough for now XD

----------------------------A Rough Summer------------------------------

I awoke to the sound of my alarm clock buzzing in my ear. I sleepily slammed on the snooze button and fell back to sleep, only to reawaken moments later. I tried to fall back into my dream, but I ended up having to go to the bathroom. I heaved myself to my feet and I walked across from my room, and into my bathroom. I shut the door behind me and walked to the toilet. I remembered to heave my belly up enough so that I could do my business without getting it all over me. When I finished, I let go of my belly, which shook like jello and annoyed the heck out of me. I ended up walking back into my room, plopping down onto my computer seat, and began to use my computer.

My name is Cameron Sanchez. I’m 16 years old, and I’m obese. I currently weigh at about 300 to 400 pounds, I really don’t know…..nor could I care less. I have always been a ‘big’ kid, as my parents always said, but that didn’t excuse the fact that I had a knack for gaining weight even by eating a normal, balanced diet. Basically, my metabolism sucks. It’s so slow that I think that no matter what I eat and how much weight I lose (if I lose any), I always gain it back, and then some. I always got teased at by the kids at middle school during the school year, even though I’m a smart kid and an A average student. The teachers adore me, but I was always relieved when summer rolled around. We’d have the best mini-party on the bus, singing songs from movies or reminiscing about the past year. We’d say ‘farewell’ for those we wouldn’t see again due to them graduating high school, and ‘see you later’ for those that would come back next year. Of course, I was the exception. My parent’s started to take things off of shelves and pictures from walls. When I had the nerve to ask, they gave me a look that said ‘we are moving’. I always hated moving. It always happened every three years. Mom would get a promotion, and we’d have to move closer to her new work area. I always had to say goodbye to the few friends I had, and have even fewer friends at my new place.
---
Today was the last day before my computer would be packed away. Tomorrow would be moving day. I sighed as I posted on the forums I frequented, looked at the updates for World of Warcraft, and then transferred any files I wanted onto my laptop before turning off my computer. I went to my closet, grabbed a pair of pants, and tried to hoist them up. It was always a hassle trying to put them on, but when I did, I would have to make my belly hang over the pants so that the button wouldn’t fly off and hit someone in the eye. I put on one of my favorite shirts….to find out that it left about three inches of my flab hanging down below it. My man boobs could be seen probably half a mile away if you looked close enough against the black fabric. I really hated myself for what I was.

Being obese did have its perks, like your belly cushioning against blows from people that tried to punch me in the stomach, hoping to seem me fall to the ground in pain only to have their punch absorbed by my belly. They’d try again and again, only to fail. One kid did get a good idea to kick me in the middle, but his leg bounced off of my belly’s overhang and he ended up slipping and falling to the ground. He did get a slight nosebleed and ended up going to the nurses’ office, but nothing too major. He never tried to pick a fight with me again. Still, I always imagine what it’d be like to be a guy with muscles instead of flab. I would often have dreams of me being in a World Wrestling Federation match against Hulk Hogan, but before I’d win, I would always wake up irritated…and sleepy. And today was no exception. I sighed as I opened my door and yelled, “Dad! You can come up and pack the computer away!” I listened as he walked up the stairs and into my room. My dad was a hefty man….obese too. He had muscular arms that he got from working a builder for hire, but the weight he had gained went straight to his belly. His rotund gut made his wooly shirt stretch very far to encompass his girth, his belly hanging over his pants with a belt holding them up. His legs were thick as tree trunks, his calves just the same. His feet were big as well, due to him wearing size 16½ boots. He always wore the same boots every day. Those big, brown and black boots with the steel toes in them. He was a nice enough guy, but he could really kick the crud out of anyone who messed with him.

He smirked as he said, “Alrighty now, where did we put that box?” He entered my room and looked through my closet, pushing the size XXXL shirts out of the way to find the box. A voice spoke from the corner of the room and said, “I believe the box is in our room, dear.” We both turned to look at my mother. She was nothing like both of us. On the contrary, she was the exact opposite of us. She was lean, pretty, smart….pretty much your above average business woman. I always hated it when she got a promotion. Sure it did come with a better paycheck for us, but at the same time, we’d have to say goodbye to our friends and move away. I always hated it. My father smiled and said, “Ah, that’s right. Well, let me go get it, and then we can pack the computer away.” He waited for mom to move out of the way, and he waddled into the master bedroom, searching for the computer box. “So Cameron, you ready to hit the road towards Delaware?” my mother asked me. I merely went ‘hmph’ and said, “I don’t want to go.” My mother sighed, walked into my room, placed her small hand on my shoulder, and said, “Oh, come now. You can always make new friends. Besides, you can communicate with your other friends on the internet.” I almost felt like shouting, but refrained from doing so and said, “Yeah, I know. Still, I hate having to move every time you get a promotion. It seems like we’re just playing a game of checkers.” My mother stroked my long, black hair, and said, “I know, my dear, but it helps to bring in the food and the clothes and the other things that we need to live on a daily basis.” I merely went, “Yeah,” and saw dad bring in the cardboard box that came with the computer. “Alrighty son, let’s get to packin’.”

-End Part I-

That's the first part of the story. Please, feel free to tell me how it is. Is it good/bad/okay/whatever? In the meantime, I'll get to continue writing a new part and try to have it up sometime soon.
Old 30th May 2007, 12:05 AM
Account Disabled

gryboy09 is on a distinguished road
its good cant wait for the rest
Old 30th May 2007, 06:47 PM
Regular Big Gut

doughyboy is on a distinguished road
good story there, hope to here the rest soon.
Old 31st May 2007, 12:21 AM
Awesome Big Gut

Barnabas Collins is on a distinguished road
I think it's great. You have so far successful built a guy resentful of his girth, now I cannot wait to see the character evolution as he comes to accept and worship his weight.
Old 31st May 2007, 02:09 AM
Senior Big Gut

Phoenix Brave is on a distinguished road
Well, thankfully, you wont have to wait long. I just got finished with Part II. Enjoy! ^.=.^

---

The next day, I woke up to see the house completely empty. I had to sleep in a sleeping bag on the clean, wooden floor, which didn’t help my belly from oozing onto the floor like a puddle of flab. I even turned face down to try and get up, only to have my belly barely touch the floor, my moobs jiggling as I tried to get up. Again, I really hated my physical image. I got up to my feet, grabbed some clothes that my mother had picked out for me, which actually fit this time, rolled up my sleeping bag, and walked outside with it in my hands. When I was outside, I saw all five of my friends standing on the sidewalk, their parents with them. Ashley, James, Frank, Victoria, and Robert were staring at me with sad faces, Ashley almost on the verge of tears. She was always the talkative type in the group, and almost never shut up. However, she was silent as the soon-to-be-empty house, fighting back tears and sobs. She was a good cheerleader, and always managed to keep her life from spiraling downward. James was looking at me with a solemn look, his eyes full of sadness as well. He also happened to be the best linebacker on the school’s football team, and always made kids back off from teasing me. He always had a kind heart for others and always strived to help others as well. Frank and Victoria were the love-y couple in the group. They would always try to plan their next date, be it dinner, a movie, or whatever. Victoria was already sobbing, her head resting on Frank’s chest. They both were members of the Tennis team, and the best players in the school since 1990. That’s almost 17 full years, so it really is an accomplishment for them. Robert was a proud member of the wrestling team. He weighed in at 250 pounds of pure muscle. He would always talk to me about the latest happenings in the WWE, the fighters, and any small tidbit about wrestling in general. He had his arms crossed, a solemn look on his face.

I walked up to them while my parents socialized with theirs. “Do you….really have to go, dude?” Frank said with his arms around Victoria. I scratched the back of my head and said, “I have no choice. My mom has to go to Delaware for her new job.” Robert shook his head, placed a hand on my shoulder, and said, “Look man, no matter where you are in the world, we’ll always be your friends. Never forget that.” I smiled as he said that and said, “Thanks.” James walked up and said, “Here man, take it. It’s from all of us.” He held out a package shaped in a square. I opened the wrapping paper and took out a book of the same size as the package. There were words engraved on the cover, which said Friends Forever. I opened it and saw pictures of various times with us, like with James scoring that last needed touchdown in the last quarter of the first game of the season. There were also pictures of when Robert and I had that pizza-eating contest to raise money for our school’s annual fundraiser. We still laugh at how we managed to rake in $500 that day, even though our stomachs were bloated and to the point of exploding. There was also a picture of Ashley and Victoria setting up one of the pranks they played on Robert; by placing trip-wire traps all over his house where he’d least expect them. Of course, there was the group photo of us standing side by side, with me in the middle. We were just a big, happy, group of friends.

I felt a tear roll down my eye as I said, “T.....Thank you…all of you. If there was some way I didn’t have to move, I’d take it.” Victoria continued to sob while Ashley started to cry. Robert held his head high, and James said, “We’ll never forget you, Cameron. To us, you’ll always be our friend.” Frank nodded his head and said, “I guess we’ll talk sometime when you get your new digs set up, right?” I nodded in reply and said, “Yeah.” I heard my parents call to me, so I slowly turned around and walked straight towards the family car. I passed by my friend's parents, and I saw some of them have sad faces. Only one of them had a face that was forced into being smiley and cheery. I got inside, my laptop in the seat next to me, and looked out the window. My friends, except for Ashley and Victoria, were waving goodbye to me. I felt another few tears slide down my face as I waved back. The car started to drive away, and I continued to wave to them until we turned a corner and they were gone.

-End Part II-

There ya go. That's Part II for ya. Now, off to write Part III! XD
Old 18th August 2007, 09:28 AM
Junior Big Gut

starterchub06 is on a distinguished road
Have you ever read "One Fat Summer" by Robert Lipsyte? The title and concept of this posting is similar, so it wouldn't surprise me if it was intentional. It's one of my favorites from high school and a must-read for anyone who has ever had body-image issues (which is like everyone).
Old 27th February 2009, 12:59 PM
Junior Big Gut

kaloni is on a distinguished road
i remember it !
Old 7th July 2010, 07:48 PM
Senior Big Gut

bigbelly94 is on a distinguished road
this story is good kinda sad at the beginning but can't wait 4 the next installment of it.
Old 24th July 2010, 05:22 AM
Graduating Big Gut

jdrockchalk is on a distinguished road
hope to see more
Old 31st July 2010, 04:54 AM
Junior Big Gut

Meep is on a distinguished road
This is really good. I can't wait to see more!