Big Guts Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Big Guts Discussion Forum > Big Guts Discussions > Suggestions


Suggestions Feel free to post suggestions to improve your visits here

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 1st April 2007, 04:59 AM
fatdragon fatdragon is offline
Awesome Big Gut
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 179
fatdragon is on a distinguished road
Reality Check!mods Its My Turn!

Look i know you guys have the power to do what ever the heck you want but FYI its the users of this site that make it run. without us there is no site. Im sick and tired of all this censored shit. yeah thats right i said a bad word, gonna ban me like everyone else? you guys have been nothing but freaking worry some and its starting to affect the productivity of this site. I would suggest New mods but i really think a REALITY CHECK is in order. Like your mods not GODS. get the difference? huh like what the hell shauru was simply posting stories from fatnats and omnisceint has the balls, rather lack there of, to say dont post anything inapproriate. like who are you to tell a person who ran a site 3 times this. Yeah this site got me into the gaining world but FYI FATNATS MADE IT! 90% of the members on this site are from nats and even nats himself is here. its freaking sad how you guys run things and wheres our admin? relying on you guys to run things? i see how thats going! Ban me i dont care because if you do it just shows you guys are afraid of a little change. Its NOT your choice whats censored and whats not its the admins. I have run sites 3 times this and never once had a problem like this. BFK you HAD been doing a good job till now but its gone to far. I demand as a long time member that you guys change your methods and ways of thinking. this site would still be stuck in the ancient ages if it wasnt for members like Shauru, Boochan and others. im not standing ignoring you guys anymore. delete this and ill repost it. Block me ill hack and post it there will be no end to me. this site is dying because of you guys.

WHAT!
  #2  
Old 1st April 2007, 07:13 AM
pavili255 pavili255 is offline
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Idaho
Posts: 340
pavili255 is on a distinguished road
In all honesty, he's right; the mods had been doing a great job till recently. It seems that you're turning into power-hungry super mods, and that just SUCKS! Yeah, if something gets out of hand, then you should intervene. However, the site does a pretty good job of moderating itself most of the time, and we don't need constant reminders of what's right and what's wrong; 97% of the people on this site know what they're doing, and hardly any of them do anything wrong.

Just re-evaluate your methods of mod-ing, that's all.
  #3  
Old 1st April 2007, 07:46 AM
Happenstance's Avatar
Happenstance Happenstance is offline
Awesome Big Gut
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 156
Happenstance is on a distinguished road
Grab your pitchforks, kids, we're going to the White House.
  #4  
Old 1st April 2007, 12:52 PM
Big_fat_kiddo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
First of all,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happenstance View Post
Grab your pitchforks, kids, we're going to the White House.
Help!


Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDragon
BFK you HAD been doing a good job till now but its gone to far.
Now what do I have to do with this? I wasn't even home when this whole thing got blown out of proportion, and I never disagreed with anyone on the entire discussion because it wasn't started, blown up or continued by me. Infact, I don't even have a post there.

I agree that sometimes myself, and my collegues can be a bit bitchy sometimes but please understand that there is a lot more going on "behind the scenes" that is invisible to everyone.

We have spammer attacks, yes the same type as Nat's had, and we try to get rid of them before they're posts get read or before they even finish to register (they have these obvious names).

I know that the members are the beating heart of the forum, and without them it would be a rather empty place. We also don't ban members on first sight if we simple just don't like them, and personally I don't ban anyone that raises his voice in public, or pointed at me.

Also, I would like to let you, and everyone know that if you have problems with any of the Staff don't be afraid to say it out loud instead of cropping it up and throwing it all out at the very first argument that involves our actions.

And please, before calling out names of Staff that "done wrong" please read into it and see how much we actually had to do with it in the first place. Since when things do get out of hand, with or without us we are still here to try and come to a solution.
  #5  
Old 2nd April 2007, 01:12 AM
fatdragon fatdragon is offline
Awesome Big Gut
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 179
fatdragon is on a distinguished road
ok bfk thats understood but whats your partners reason?i say he either re assests his methods or gets demoted.
  #6  
Old 2nd April 2007, 01:18 AM
Omniscient Omniscient is offline
Retired Staff Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Sweden
Posts: 845
Omniscient is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniscient View Post
Well as I said before, I'm willing to admit defeat.
And we've always have been open to people giving opinions. The case with the deleted posts that started this was that I knew it would lead to this, a little civil war of our own. And since it was strong opinions deleted it sparked the thought that every disagreement posted here was being deleted.

Just browse the stronger threads of this forum, you'll see that disagreements are actually kept.
And if you could see the forums in the way we moderators can, you'd see that it's the useless one-word-posts that don't contribute to anything in any way that get cut away, the posts that would make this place a mess of everything. So BigGuts isn't going down the drain, we are doing what we can to make it a good place. I think it's just the recent events made people feel strongly about it, and sometimes post with just assumptions and previous arguments.

Those are my thoughts, and I hope I didn't spark something new. Because I won't argue with anyone.


From this thread
http://www.bigguts.com/forum/showthr...p=17781#p17781

Last edited by Omniscient; 2nd April 2007 at 01:27 AM.
  #7  
Old 2nd April 2007, 02:30 AM
fatdragon fatdragon is offline
Awesome Big Gut
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 179
fatdragon is on a distinguished road
oh cry me a river i read it man i dont care because you say it doesnt mean youve changed. i wanna see proofs before i say anything.
  #8  
Old 2nd April 2007, 02:51 AM
Omniscient Omniscient is offline
Retired Staff Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Sweden
Posts: 845
Omniscient is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniscient View Post
Just browse the stronger threads of this forum, you'll see that disagreements are actually kept.
And if you could see the forums in the way we moderators can, you'd see that it's the useless one-word-posts that don't contribute to anything in any way that get cut away, the posts that would make this place a mess of everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdragon View Post
i wanna see proofs before i say anything.
There are 1297 threads to look at.
  #9  
Old 2nd April 2007, 04:36 AM
pavili255 pavili255 is offline
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Idaho
Posts: 340
pavili255 is on a distinguished road
Fat dragon, isn't a little early to be making those kind of assumptions? Wait a while. If he starts acting like an ass, then you're justified making those comments, but not before. Give him a chance to change. It's impossible for someone to prove himself if he doesn't have a chance to.
  #10  
Old 2nd April 2007, 04:56 AM
fatdragon fatdragon is offline
Awesome Big Gut
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 179
fatdragon is on a distinguished road
oh im waiting.....ill wait till the end of time.
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fat Sims- Adding an eliment of reality Barnabas Collins Off Topic 3 19th February 2007 09:11 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:43 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.