Big Guts Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Big Guts Discussion Forum > Big Guts Discussions > Pictures

Pictures Show off your Big Guts

Old 4th October 2006, 11:52 AM
Big_fat_kiddo

Update - Please read!

EDIT
If you post a new Thread containing pictures, your old Picture Thread will be closed.

If we notice your Thread is outdated, and you haven't put up a new one yet, or updated it with new Pictures and the only new comments are either spamming, or just to increase post count it will be closed aswell.

Last edited by Big_fat_kiddo; 27th October 2006 at 03:37 PM.
Old 5th October 2006, 07:11 AM
Senior Big Gut

Kizzume is on a distinguished road
Congratulations on making rules that will assure that nobody will post messages. It has to be the stupidest rule I have EVER seen in a message board.

Have a nice life all, I'm not posting here anymore unless you change the rules back to something reasonable. It's your freedom to make stupid rules, and it's my freedom to move on to a different forum.
Old 5th October 2006, 09:03 AM
Regular Big Gut

dannyp is on a distinguished road
kizzume i dont understand how thats a stupid rule... hes talking about pic threads and its prolly so people dont resurrect topics that havent been posted in for like a year with only a comment of "thats cool".

*shrug* makes sense to me...
Old 5th October 2006, 09:56 AM
Senior Big Gut

I could see it if there was no activity for a month, but if it's a popular thread, automatically closing the thread is just plain STUPID. Without the ability to continue to reply to posts that are more than a month old, about 9/10 of the posts here wouldn't exist at all. If management is trying to stop people from posting at all, they're doing a really good job. This forum is not very busy in the first place (about 1 new message every other day), and the idea of doing things to cut down traffic even more just seems like forum suicide to me.
Old 5th October 2006, 10:00 AM
Senior Big Gut

By the way: One liners is not "spamming", people trying to sell products and posting something insignificant and then leaving a link to a product is spamming. Even one liners that say, "I agree" or "Looking good" or things like that is STILL encouragement, and I think it is an important part of having a gainer/encourager forum.

If there are posts that have pictures that enspire people, this new policy will ensure that people won't see those pictures if they become a couple months old. People generally don't care about looking at old posts that have been closed.

The new policy is idiotic, and it will ensure the eventual closing of the forum.
Old 5th October 2006, 12:40 PM
Big_fat_kiddo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzume View Post
I could see it if there was no activity for a month, but if it's a popular thread, automatically closing the thread is just plain STUPID. Without the ability to continue to reply to posts that are more than a month old, about 9/10 of the posts here wouldn't exist at all. If management is trying to stop people from posting at all, they're doing a really good job. This forum is not very busy in the first place (about 1 new message every other day), and the idea of doing things to cut down traffic even more just seems like forum suicide to me.

Trust me ,we know what we are doing... IF a thread is popular and keeps getting posted on, ofcourse it will stay open. But we have noticed that about 10 users post 7 1 word messages, in 7 picture threads to get to the post minimum and never return again.

Also, about the "1 new message every other day" isn't true, we have an avarage of 15 to 20 messages each day.
Old 5th October 2006, 04:26 PM
Senior Big Gut

The way to keep people from posting 7 1 word messages is by not making it so you have to post 7 messages to see pictures in the first place. I mean seriously--what else do you expect people to do when you make that your policy?

What brought me to this forum in the first place is the pictures part of the forum, and the hopes that I'd eventually be able to see the pictures--and you keep doing your best to make sure that it is the least used part of the forum.

15 to 20 messages each day in maybe other parts of the forum, but in this part, the pictures part of the forum, it ranges from a message every other day to 2 messages a day.

If 19 out of 20 threads in the pictures part of the forum wouldn't have been available, like it is now, I would never have posted enough messages to even see any of the pictures.

Has it ever occurred to you that the pictures part of the forum is the main reason why people initially come here? Pictures of successful gainers is the biggest encouragement out there--each picture is worth thousands of words.
Old 5th October 2006, 04:30 PM
Big_fat_kiddo

We made it that way because we had a lot of trouble with Pedo's, and people that stole pictures and posted them under their own name on other Forums.

We KNOW they make 7 quick posts to see pictures.

7, normaly placed posts aren't that hard to make.
Reply to the sticky threads, and you're almost there.
Old 5th October 2006, 04:31 PM
Senior Big Gut

The name of this forum is:

BIG GUTS: Show off your big guts

It is NOT:

BIG GUTS: Talk about your big guts

Think about that for a moment. Since you want to change what this forum is about, maybe you should change that tagline as well. Right now it's false advertising.
Old 5th October 2006, 04:33 PM
Senior Big Gut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_fat_kiddo View Post
We made it that way because we had a lot of trouble with Pedo's, and people that stole pictures and posted them under their own name on other Forums.

We KNOW they make 7 quick posts to see pictures.

7, normaly placed posts aren't that hard to make.
Reply to the sticky threads, and you're almost there.
Good point about the Pedo's. Good point.