Big Guts Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Big Guts Discussion Forum > Big Guts Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Tell us about yourself here

Closed Thread

Old 16th May 2007, 05:59 PM
Awesome Big Gut

buy more product is on a distinguished road
The Swarm: Age profile of gainers.

I wonder if this might not be strictly a function of a self-selecting data pool, but in browsing around this forum (I'm new, by the way), I noticed that the age profile around here is sharply skewed toward the very young and the moderately young. And, of course, we've got mostly guys.

I started being interested in fat guys when I was, oh... four? Five? But in any case, I first broke out onto the Big Gay Internet when I was about thirteen. I wrote a wretched softcore gainer story on FatNat's--which my mom found, good grief! What a way, what a time to come out!--around that time, but have been mostly a spectator since then. This is to say, I know from personal experience that the interest crops up early. Of course, the interest in gaining was strictly post-pubertial for me; I'd wanted to snuggle into other men's corpulence even when I was a little kid, but the feeding and humping parts developed only with early adolescence.

This phenomenon--gaining, chubby chasing--doesn't seem to have existed previous to our generation and the one immediately before it. I say "seems" because it's hard to find concrete evidence of discrete subcultures within a subculture that was already insular and more or less invisible in the first place. We do, however, have more data floating around now.

It leads me to wonder--what causes this to crop up, especially in early adolescence? Body control patterns of behavior--like eating disorders of the traditional kind, or cutting (sorry about the comparisons, no moral equivalence is intended)--start to crop up at the same time that gaining fantasies seem to. So could it be a form of identity-building, where the young adolescent asserts the continuousness between his will and his body by controlling and changing it? If nothing else, gaining is a surefire way to assert the ontological reality of personal agency in an easy and effective fashion.

If not that, then how about this: In early adolescents, obesity is essentially feminizing; you grow breasts, your cock disappears (boy do I remember that one), your face gets rounder when it should be getting more angular. On the other hand, there's so little evidence of gender dysphoria in young gainers that I hesitate to suggest this on anything but subconscious and sexual grounds. On still yet another hand, this feminizing element becomes less coherent as the boy gets older, whereas the interest in gaining continues. This pattern, in a word then, doesn't seem as satisfying as the first one.

These are the first two coherent ideas that come to mind, in my case. I'll be thinking more about it--but do any of you have any theories on the subject?

It would be very interesting to get a complete or partial age profile for this site. I wonder if there have been any academic theorists working on this issue? Haha, I can just see it, a paper in the "Journal of Homosexuality" (it exists!): "Body Modification through Weight Gain: Patterns of Behavior in Young Gay Adolescents since 1970."

ADDENDUM. Oh look! There's a poll ready-made for my purposes, and lo, the slant is decidedly toward 20 and under. So, the issue is real, I think.

Last edited by buy more product; 16th May 2007 at 06:11 PM.
Old 16th May 2007, 11:14 PM
WTFOMGwolfgang

Fat is very feminine. Women naturally have more of it...it makes previously lanky guys get tits and hips and sometimes nice curves. It covers muscle definition and makes the whole package more smoothed and huggable.

I joke around about it. That I'm just really bad at being a lesbian because I hate women, so fat guys are the next best thing.
Old 16th May 2007, 11:27 PM
Master Big Gut

jaybear is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFOMGwolfgang View Post
Fat is very feminine.
I don't THINK so! I've never been accused of being feminine and I've always admired and desired fat guys, even before I got fat myself. And I want to be thought of as a MAN, not anything feminine regardless of the size of my tits! And yes, huggable is nice...!

I really dislike attaching handles or causes or whatever to all this. We simply are what we are (whether through genetics or environment of whatever) and we can't change that any more than we can change the weather!

Last edited by FatMike; 17th May 2007 at 05:58 AM.
Old 16th May 2007, 11:35 PM
Awesome Big Gut

I think it's important for a man to understand the abstract or theoretical basis for the things that are important to him. The impetus is to construct a better image of one's reality, not to change or control it.

I would say that you're both right, in different contexts: Fat can be feminizing on a certain kind of guy (Wolfgang's extremely adorable boyfriend, for instance, is definitely more pretty than manly), but it can also be a power symbol on another kind--the "big bear of a man" type. I think it can be largely sculpted by one's individual disposition and needs, though I think it's safe to say that body hair and a round, firm belly are the more masculine side of fat men, and smooth skin and a soft belly are more feminine. I don't think one can ever escape the feminine nature of a breast.
Old 17th May 2007, 05:56 AM
Awesome Big Gut

Happenstance is on a distinguished road
I believe that for me it is a feminizing process. Assertion of control over one's image is important in an evolutionary sense, for there is a natural desire in most people to make oneself attractive to a mate. So this simply manifests itself in different forms to different people for primarily genetic reasons? Possibly. What I know is that I've been told by lesbian acquaintances that they would date me as a rare exception to their typical orientation.
Very well, then I contradict myself.
I am large, I contain multitudes
-Walt Whitman
Old 17th May 2007, 11:58 PM
Awesome Big Gut

jackjackjack is on a distinguished road
cock disappears!? what!? I always see being fat as masculine, I dunno why.
Old 17th May 2007, 11:59 PM
Awesome Big Gut

When I was fat, my dick would retract backward into my pubic fat when I was cold or sitting down. It was kind of hot, it's a look I love on other guys.
Old 18th May 2007, 01:56 AM
Master Big Gut

jaybear is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by buy more product View Post
When I was fat, my dick would retract backward into my pubic fat when I was cold or sitting down. It was kind of hot, it's a look I love on other guys.
And it DOES happen!
Old 18th May 2007, 09:47 AM
FatMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by buy more product View Post
Interesting, guess it varies on how much pubic fat you have.
I've seen it take as much as 2 inches off a guy, but with mine at my peak of 315 it probably took no more then 3/4 inch off the normal size, and no retraction or anything.
Old 19th May 2007, 03:18 PM
Awesome Big Gut

jackjackjack is on a distinguished road
hmm, I haven't gained any pubic fat I dont think, not yet at leaste.
Closed Thread