Big Guts Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Big Guts Discussion Forum > Big Guts Discussions > Suggestions

Suggestions Feel free to post suggestions to improve your visits here

Old 4th January 2008, 02:26 AM

Guts is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavili255 View Post
Is there any way you could put some sort of notification on the front page or in the pictures thread that explains the rule?
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamone View Post
So it might be nice to have something on the Welcome page saying what the 7 post before pictures rule is so guys don't go and get honked at.
Nice suggestion people

New members who have confirmed their email address will see this message in red text at the top of all pages...
Quote:
Thank you for being part of the BigGuts forums. You currently have restricted access until you make at least 7 posts. Until then, you will receive an error message when trying to view some of the pictures here.
Hopefully that wording is clear enough, although I'm up for any changes to make it crystal clear.

Weight Conversion
Old 4th January 2008, 03:04 AM
FatMike

Sounds Good.
Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 4th January 2008, 03:06 AM
FatMike

Thats pretty much spot on. You don't need to justify your reasons for been here in a page long response. In all honesty, I couldn't really care less. As long as your not causing trouble or posting inappropriate things/creeping members out its fine. Just keep it in the back of your mind that this site isn't 18+ like most of the other sites around,
Old 4th January 2008, 05:55 AM
Account Disabled

pavili255 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_fat_kiddo View Post
So basically you are saying:

"I should be moderator, not you" ?
You wanna take it that way? Fine. I really don't want to be a mod. I know I'm not on enough to be one, and I really don't want to deal with the crap you guys do.

My only point in saying that is that I HAVE been here as long as you and have seen the forum go through the same changes as you, yet my opinion seems to count for zilch.

Boochan, I don't dislike the management, except when I get responses like the one I received from BFK, and now you. Stop being jerks.

You guys want Teddy gone? Fine. That's not my decision. But I based my comments on what I HAD SEEN, which was people immediately attacking him. Do what you will, you run the site.
Old 4th January 2008, 06:00 AM
Account Disabled

pavili255 is on a distinguished road
I think it sounds good. And since it's red, it should stick out and make people notice it! I don't think it could be much clearer.
Old 4th January 2008, 06:08 AM
Awesome Big Gut

fatdragon is on a distinguished road
BFK that is the most unprofessional thing ive heard someone say. How can you mod a site and act like youre a child? Boochan, ive known you for some time now and i have no problem with you and even to this day but you have been running your mouth a tad and i know you will disagree with me...All 4 of you need to relax and take a break. Obviously my post on the mods and other stuff have not seem to get throught personally i could careless at this point.. this site is all ages? pfft are you kidding me you have people taking pictures of the most unacceptable things and posting it here... this site has gone to shambles and i believe a totally re mod is in order but we all know Guts probably doesnt have the time nor should he.. IF you cant take critism now then you wont make it in the real world.. all of you GROW THE **** UP! yeah i swore but it was needed ban me sooooo what i making my point and it is that you guys need to seriously relax... Pav, ive know you for a while dude and youre being a child aswell and Lance PLEASE for god sakes keep your opinions out dude... youre a cool guy dont get involved.. This needs to be shut down and restarted asap and if another issue accures with the mods acting like this maybe just MAYBE we need new staff...didnt say we do just saying stop being pricks and that means MEMBERS TOO!
Old 4th January 2008, 08:12 AM
FatMike

Again I'm just responding on regards to concerns I've received from many members, remember that not all of the opinions are public and especially those on other forums who have seen issues, and those that are young are going to be concerned about an old member (re. boylove/pedophillia issues that are rampant in this community). I couldn't give a shit otherwise as it really is a non-issue now blown way, way out of proportion.

Pavilli and fatdragon I understand your opinions.

Last edited by FatMike; 4th January 2008 at 08:32 AM.
Old 4th January 2008, 08:17 AM
FatMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavili255 View Post
I think it sounds good. And since it's red, it should stick out and make people notice it! I don't think it could be much clearer.
At the same time, don't expect people to stop asking.
Old 4th January 2008, 08:59 AM
Senior Big Gut

RHCP943 is on a distinguished road
I'm pretty sure this is where this should go. If not, I apologize.

Over the past few weeks, there have been a number of instances where a few mods have been, in my opinion, out of line. They've engaged in, prolonged, and even antagonized some pretty petty, narrow-minded arguments. Now, I realize that I lurk, but I am an active member in several non-gainer forums, and would like to think I can see a problem where there is one (especially one so blatant).

Now, I also realize that nobody is perfect, and when members post about a sensitive or debatable subject, mods want to be heard, too. There are, however, instances where it goes too far. If you want to express your opinion, fine. You have absolutely every right to do so. But everybody needs to realize that everyone is entitled to speak their mind, and that there is absolutely no need to insult people you disagree with.

If you've been insulted, mods, respond to these people through PMs and delete the post from the boards. There's no need to be posting that for everyone to see. And if you cant reply to posts on the boards in a mature, respectable manner, without further worsening the situation? Well, then maybe you shouldn't have accepted the responsibility of becoming a mod.

I lurk because I'm not yet totally comfortable with gaining and the community (despite being an on-again, off-again gainer for over 5 years with a pretty substantial gain). Various members and mods especially seem to be trying their hardest to alienate people and keep the community as exclusive as possible, and this is certainly not helping me or anyone in a similar situation to me.

This should be a place where not only is everyone welcome, but they treated like they actually are welcome. No discrimination. No insults. And no exclusions. Just a community of people bound by a common interest.

I guess, in short, all I'm saying is that it would be nice if mods would act a bit more professional and treat people with respect.

I'm sorry that was so long. I'm just frustrated and have enough insomnia that I'm up at 4am on the internet doing this.
Old 4th January 2008, 09:30 AM
FatMike

Thats fine.

I don't know myself how im alienating people.. considering I'm actually actively losing weight. If I respond to anything on here in a very defensive manner its more because, as I've said many times I've been messaged or contacted by concerned members.

In any case, I'm very mellow overall. I just visit here once or twice a day, have a read and leave. Things are very calm compared to other forums. In the end I think some of us are creating conflict purely to creative some activity and some passion....