Big Guts Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Big Guts Discussion Forum > Big Guts Discussions > Suggestions

Suggestions Feel free to post suggestions to improve your visits here

Old 16th December 2007, 10:46 PM
Graduating Big Gut

getsuookami is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_fat_kiddo View Post
Guts is right on that, but it has another reason.

You gone from 20 posts a day, to 15 posts a day. That is still a lot, you don't spread it out over the entire day, you post them in a 1 hour timespan. Also, most of your posts have no real meaning, don't relate to anything, or can be seen as a "reply"to something.
I, for one, know that people don't always have a lot of time to post throughout the day... I don't see how saying something when you have something to say is wrong, and why spacing your posts out is in anyway better. Also, what's wrong with replying to another's message? That's how a conversation takes place, you know. In all honesty, I'd like to know why you think that posting in such a way is detrimental to a user's experience on a forum such as this.
Old 17th December 2007, 12:15 AM
FatMike

I think its the general quality over quantity rule rather then the speed of the posts that was a problem with that particular member, as you can see mentioned in the latter part of that quote.
Old 17th December 2007, 05:48 PM
Regular Big Gut

diamone is on a distinguished road
Can't say I'm surprised at the way things are going.

Like the case of the bisexuals and straight gainers (the few that there are) leaving the board and gays taking their place.

Primarily, it's no different than, say a board that started off ``all orientations'' whose topic is something else besides gaining, and which over time ends up a lesbian board. Or a board that started off ``all faiths'' which sooner or later ends up to be Protestant, Jewish, Muslim or Catholic as people see a good thing and leave to start their own versions. It's just a natural evolutionary form if you ask me.

Secondly, I think from at least a sociological point of view, most bi's feel they are already the odd man out anyway, like the TG crowd, and would just as soon have a board catering to their interests exclusively. Straight people are even worse at this. The few straight gainers that I know are mainly still just identifying with the gaining and maintaining part of the blue collar culture that gave birth to the gainer movement in the first place.

Endless attempts to bring these guys into the gainer fray have been unsuccessful. So I still end up as the token gay in the grunt world that all the grunts trust to open up to about things.

So I'm a Dyke Mike for straight blue collar gainer guys.
(For the uninitiated, a Dyke Mike is a male Fag Hag)

Therefore it would not surprise me in the slightest if all these people that left, went to start their own lesbian-exclusive, bi-exclusive and/or straight-exclusive gaining boards of their own. Consider yourself flattered.
Old 23rd December 2007, 10:07 PM
Account Disabled

pavili255 is on a distinguished road
I have a suggestion. It has to do with all the people trying to look at pictures and not being able to before 7 posts and ALWAYS POSTING ASKING WHY!!!!!

Is there any way you could put some sort of notification on the front page or in the pictures thread that explains the rule? Because it's rather obvious that not one new member reads the rule explaining this dilemma. And even though I'm not a mod, it really gets annoying when people ask this stupid question over and over and over and... you get the point.

Or maybe you could rewrite the little thing that pops up so that it explains that they must have 7 posts, instead of just saying that they have insufficient privileges or whatever.

Either way, I really wanna hit those people with bricks. I'm sure they're nice people, but for crying out loud! READ THE RULES! I read them, it took me 7 minutes. If you can take the time to post asking that stupid question, you can take the time to read those rules so people like me don't explode in frustration.

Thank you.
Old 24th December 2007, 12:03 AM
FatMike

Its more funny then frustrating.
Nonetheless, I don't really care at all about it. They find out soon enough..
Old 2nd January 2008, 02:04 AM
Regular Big Gut

diamone is on a distinguished road
It's lonely horny kids. What do you expect?

And being most of those lonely horny kids are boys, you know from a cultural standpoint your average boy is not into reading anyway. They are into visual and physical forums of expression.

Guys came here to get off fast (to the pictures) and all they get is frustrated when it honks at them saying they have insufficient privileges. Then that tempts them to write seven gobbledeygook real fast so they can get access. Which just makes it honk at them again, frustrating them further. So, right or wrong intelligent or not, I can see these guys' point.

It's the same as when you hire a guy at a place of employment and give him an employee training manual. In 30 years in the labor force I have yet to meet the man who has taken his employee training manual out of the original wrapper. Still Standing has a bit about that.

Girls of course will memorize it and spend their entire career explaining to the men why such and such is not allowed. And wonder why they have no men-friends there.

So it might be nice to have something on the Welcome page saying what the 7 post before pictures rule is so guys don't go and get honked at.
Old 2nd January 2008, 09:44 AM
Junior Big Gut

Blubbergut14 is on a distinguished road
Your both doing an awsome job your helping people be accepted and thats a good thing keep up the good wurk
Old 2nd January 2008, 05:20 PM
Account Disabled

Moderation Feedback

I'm finding quite ridiculous that everyone is reacting this way to Teddy! He's a new guy on the site! So what if he's old? So what if he seems "too into" gaining and his hight? Cut him some slack! You don't have to attack every new member who's not the same age or has the exact same obsessions as you.

That's just ridiculous. Maybe now I'll start attacking everyone who posts something that I don't agree with, especially if they're new. Think before you post people.
Old 2nd January 2008, 07:12 PM
Awesome Big Gut

Icarus is on a distinguished road
He might be 'new' here, but to alot of us who know him from elsewhere, he's just....odd and creepy.

And as Boochan pointed out in another thread, for someone of his age to spend his day writing rather extensively long posts in a forum designed for those 25 and under, he needs a new hobby.
Old 2nd January 2008, 07:30 PM
Account Disabled

... since when was this forum designed specifically for those 25 and under?