Big Guts Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Big Guts Discussion Forum > Site Announcements > News

News Site Related News

Closed Thread

Old 1st April 2007, 03:18 PM
Big_fat_kiddo

Due to recent events

Because of a recent dicussion I have to say this.

I agree that sometimes myself, and my collegues can be a bit bitchy but please understand that there is a lot more going on "behind the scenes" that is invisible to everyone.

We have spammer attacks, yes the same type as Nat's had, and we try to get rid of them before they're posts get read or before they even finish to register (they have these obvious names). So do we get a lot of a PM's day
from people that get harassed, want a name change, request a ban and whatnot.

I know that the members are the beating heart of the forum, and without them it would be a rather empty and boring place. We also don't ban members on first sight if we simple just don't like them, and personally I don't ban anyone that raises his voice in public, or raises it pointed at me.

Also, I would like to let everyone know that if you have problems with any of the Staff don't be afraid to say it out loud instead of cropping it up and throwing it all out at the very first argument that involves our actions.

And please, before calling out names of Staff that "done wrong" please read into it and see how much we actually had to do with it in the first place. Since when things do get out of hand, with or without us we are still here to try and come to a solution.

I will give you this as an example.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDragon
BFK you HAD been doing a good job till now but its gone to far
Now what do I have to do with this? I wasn't even home when this whole thing got blown out of proportion, and I never disagreed with anyone on the entire discussion because it wasn't started, blown up or continued by me. Infact, I don't even have a post there.

Last edited by Big_fat_kiddo; 1st April 2007 at 03:42 PM.
Old 1st April 2007, 10:54 PM
Regular Big Gut

Here is on a distinguished road
I think that was very well written.

People really don't understand that there is a lot that goes on behind the scenes to keep the sites of any variety running, a lot of good discussions about what to do about various problems.

I should know, hanging around Nat's for 7+ years, and working as a moderator for 2 it's not an easy task.

I don't know what's been going on at this site, I honestly don't really do much more than check pics and read stories. I didn't come to stir up trouble, I'm sorry it happened.

I would just have to say, it would benefit some people to watch how they state things. I have no problem with this site, I'm honestly not a fan, but hey we all like what we grew up with, I grew up with Nat's. I'm not trying to undermine your site, I just wanted to bring stories.

I just have to say my only problem is when a certain member felt it necessary to suggest that Nat's was some sort of pedophiles dreamland, and that we did not adequately care for our members. These concerns were addressed in private, but I think it would not be unfair to request that as a more experienced member of this community I be treated a little better than a child. I request that such members show some respect and decency towards the people who came before them. I know how hard this is so there was no need to come out swinging.

At any rate, welcome to the club. These little squabbles are going to happen, you'll have your civil wars and your insurrections, and a good 2 or 3 reenactments of the French Revolution. It's common amongst such a tight knit community.

Members, take my word for it, moderating is a far far harder task than you can imagine.
Moderators, take my word for it....do not piss off the little people, they will kill you while you sleep.
Closed Thread