Big Guts Discussion Forum

Big Guts Discussion Forum (http://www.bigguts.com/forum/index.php)
-   Suggestions (http://www.bigguts.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Gallery (http://www.bigguts.com/forum/showthread.php?t=710)

Wafflez 12th May 2006 06:11 PM

Gallery

Hey. I'm kinda a quiet voice as far as forums going, watching and observing more than actually posting. I'm kinda an off and on gainer, and not very good at gaining when I am.

Anyway, I fully support new members not being able to view pics, I think its a good idea. While I know it hurts me, it also just prevents a lot of nasty stuff from happening, which is always a good thing.

However, the Gallery is still viewable by newly registered members. Is this going to be addressed? It defeats a solid chunk of the purpose if it is.

Omniscient 12th May 2006 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wafflez
Anyway, I fully support new members not being able to view pics, I think its a good idea. While I know it hurts me, it also just prevents a lot of nasty stuff from happening, which is always a good thing.

However, the Gallery is still viewable by newly registered members. Is this going to be addressed? It defeats a solid chunk of the purpose if it is.

We will take care of it.
And I'm glad you're supportive, no one else has replied about it!:p

Wafflez 12th May 2006 06:26 PM

Quote:

And I'm glad you're supportive, no one else has replied about it!
Let's just hope I don't get any angry e-mails after this ;)

Omniscient 12th May 2006 06:37 PM

Quote:

It defeats a solid chunk of the purpose if it is.

Just explain that for me will you...
Do you mean that you want the gallery blocked for new members beacuse it defeats the purpose of the 'blocking of PM's and other pictures'' if it isn't?
Or that it defeats the purpose of the gallery if it's not viewable for new members?

Wafflez 12th May 2006 07:13 PM

Quote:

Do you mean that you want the gallery blocked for new members beacuse it defeats the purpose of the 'blocking of PM's and other pictures'' if it isn't?
It kinda defeats the purpose of blocking PMs and pictures if it can be viewed by anyone who walks in :S

I see why what I said conflicts though. My mistake.

Omniscient 12th May 2006 08:50 PM

Ahh, thanks;)

bobbysgut 12th May 2006 10:18 PM

It makes sense though that new members shouldn't have access to galleries or other privileges until they are active members of the forums. Otherwise someone could post once and then have full access. It might also help some of the lurkers come out of their shell.

MikeOxLong 5th July 2006 11:41 PM

Quote:

Hey. I'm kinda a quiet voice as far as forums going, watching and observing more than actually posting. I'm kinda an off and on gainer, and not very good at gaining when I am.

That is how I fell:D

Guts 5th July 2006 11:55 PM

Thanks for pointing that out - new members can now only see the thumbnails.

bahan02131 11th July 2006 03:33 AM

Where do u post?