PDA

View Full Version : Play

Raain
28th May 2007, 02:07 AM
Hey guys, umm I wrote a play and its really long so PM me if you want to see a copy. So yeah, i'm not sure if i was supposed to put this under stories or not. But its actually about the acceptance of gays. Here's a summary:

Libido

This is a story is written for anyone that is homosexual or bisexual and the success that you feel when you finally escape the hold that your parents/guardians have on you because they feel that they can’t come to terms and deal with their sexuality in a positive light, so they feel that they have to limit you from being the person you truly are. This is a play to show how homosexual relationships come with the same issues as well as another acceptance issue that heterosexual relationships don’t deal with.

Anthony is a new college student that has just moved from Kansas with his best friend Ruby to New York to go to college, finally escaping the hold his parents had on his life because they would not let him be homosexual. Ruby and her brother Leon also faced this problem, so Ruby moved to New York with Anthony while Leon was already in New York for awhile, who’s having relationship problems with a previous boyfriend, so all three have finally escaped prejudice. Anthony then receives a call from a “not-meant-to-be” crush named Samuel who used to play tricks on Anthony into getting his hopes up and then crashing them down because he actually was straight. He’s moved to New York as well with his girlfriend Maya. What awaits everyone in New York?

~Hope you enjoyed my preview :D

dream853
29th June 2007, 05:29 PM
I loved it!!! haha yes I hope that some of the characters can tie into real life :p...my fav part was the one...well actually everyone will have to read it to find out! hahaha...but Raain, you know it already :p
...and i like ur signature hahahahahaha <3.

jaybear
1st July 2007, 04:08 AM
Sounds great. I came out easily and without angst (I never really was "in") but maybe your efforts will help others who have really hard time with it...

Barnabas Collins
4th July 2007, 01:14 PM
I liked it, there is something for all to relate to. Like you mentioned above, homosexuals experience the same issues as heterosexuals. I cannot wait to go to the NY theater and see it performed there.

Raain
4th July 2007, 04:12 PM
thx for the responces guys, i JUST finished writing all the songs :D Should I post a song list?

I also changed the name of the play and its now called

"A Better Word For Searching"