PDA

View Full Version : whistling...

ivegottabiggut
3rd April 2007, 12:53 AM
can anyone here whistle like REALLY REALLY loudly. like the one that cuts through a crowd and shuts everone up? my band teacher does it and refuses to teach me. can anyone tell me how? i can already whistle like a song but it's not very loud. :cool:

pavili255
4th April 2007, 04:51 AM
First of all: Band? SWEET!!! What instrument do you play? I play trumpet.

Second, yes, I can whistle like that. However, I'm just not exactly sure how. Try using lots of air, and I mean LOTS. Also, try keeping your lips as tight as you can. Use your toung somehow to make it higher pitched.

Whenever I do this whistle, people seriously cover up their ears; it's that loud and high pitched.

P.s.: My band teacher says that more air is the answer to EVERYTHING. Want a date for prom? More air. Want to play higher? More air. Want a new car? More air.
He also says that the answer to some of my questions will only be yes when I join Jazz Band... different story......

dragonboy
7th April 2007, 07:07 PM
W00t! Trumpet players are awesome, :D

ivegottabiggut
8th April 2007, 03:55 PM
power to trumpet players! (yes i play trumpet) thanks! i'll try more air...

*uses more air and no sound comes out* *face turns purple* *passes out*

pavili255
9th April 2007, 04:52 AM
hmm... now that I think about it, maybe more are isn't necessarily the answer...

Keep your lips tight, and the hole really small, and blow with a lot of air pressure (if that makes any sense). Faster air, not necessarily more.

Afterthought: We should totally start a thread devoted only to people in band, particularly trumpet players, the best instrument in the world :) (SARCASSM!!!)