PDA

View Full Version : I wish I could snap.

Diagonal
24th February 2007, 03:16 AM
Because then that song 'Snap Yo Fingers' would have a whole new meaning to it.

Big_fat_kiddo
24th February 2007, 01:34 PM
I can't snap either, I gave up a long time ago :p

Diagonal
25th February 2007, 12:29 AM
I can whistle preeeeetty well. :3
My friend sucks at life at whistling.

Pandachan
25th February 2007, 06:31 AM

Took me along time too, if your fingers are in any way wet or slippery its very difficult. Just press your thumb and middle finger together, then slide thumb upward real fast - it should click.

FatMike
25th February 2007, 07:48 AM
I can't either.

Barnabas Collins
25th February 2007, 01:27 PM
Snapping just one of those things you have to practice for a really long time to get it or are born with it. I have just started to get it, but I am working making it sound good.
Whistling, well that I need to improve. I have no real pitch to mine yet.
What about winking? I had problems with that when I was little, but have learned over time how to do it? A lot of people I met seem just able to do it, never had to "learn" it.

FatMike
25th February 2007, 01:57 PM
What about winking? I had problems with that when I was little, but have learned over time how to do it? A lot of people I met seem just able to do it, never had to "learn" it.
Thats interesting, though I've had friends who find it damn hard to wink. I think it half depends if your siblings or parents teach you these random things when your really young. I have always been able to wink really well, but never able to snap my fingers.

Though it took me a while to whistle properly as well, as how to blow up balloons correctly without running out of breath in the process :p

Diagonal
25th February 2007, 04:13 PM
It took me forever to learn how to blow bubbles with gum.

And now I'm pro.

Big_fat_kiddo
25th February 2007, 05:34 PM
I can wistle all kinds of different tunes, inwards and outwards, and can keep it up for ages:p
I can wink, and move my eyebrows in any position I want them to.
And isn't everyone able to blow bubbles with gum?

Barnabas Collins
25th February 2007, 11:03 PM
It took me forever to learn how to blow bubbles. I think about a week, then again, I was only five...

LrgrThnLf
26th February 2007, 01:43 AM
Heheh.. I can't wolf whistle for shit, but I can whistle and snap fingers..

Oh yeah.. and I got this thing where I raise one eyebrow and kinda tilt my head like a "WTF" meets "I know what you're up to, mister!"

Oh.. and the crosseyed thing I do as well :) hehehe

Pandachan
26th February 2007, 02:15 AM
It took me awhile to learn to blow bubbles as well.

jaybear
26th February 2007, 02:16 AM
I never had any problems whistling, or snapping my fingers - and especially not with winking (especially at cute guys!). But day-um, I never have been able to blow bubbles... (at least, not with gum...)!

koalaman
26th February 2007, 04:19 AM
i know this sounds strange but i can make my hair go up and down, it's crazy

i'm not good at winking with my left eye, but i can do my right eye just fine

Pandachan
26th February 2007, 04:20 AM
i know this sounds strange but i can make my hair go up and down, it's crazy

i'm not good at winking with my left eye, but i can do my right eye just fine

My grandma can do that too!! Freaks me out.

LrgrThnLf
26th February 2007, 01:22 PM
i know this sounds strange but i can make my hair go up and down, it's crazyDo you mean shifting your hairline back and forth - or actually making it stick up?

*images of a galah* :)

fatlineman72
26th February 2007, 11:46 PM
i cant roll my r's :(

WTFOMGwolfgang
27th February 2007, 02:58 AM
Snapping my fingers hurts...

I know: not cracking my fingers, SNAPPING my fingers. :mad:

Barnabas Collins
27th February 2007, 03:09 AM
I can roll my Rs, its fun to throw it in everrry so often, too bad I didn't take Spanish. I can also shake all the skin on my face like crazy, something to do with the muscles on the back of my neck.

I can roll my Rs too, but I never really use it.
Shaking your face, if you mean the same as I do then I can do it too.

shake your head rapidly from left to right, making you skin look as if you are in a rollercoaster?

koalaman
27th February 2007, 04:11 AM
Do you mean shifting your hairline back and forth - or actually making it stick up?

*images of a galah* :)

i mean shifting my hairline back and forth, it's pretty freaky, i'm not gonna lie

bigleg
27th February 2007, 11:48 PM
I use to be able to do all three, but I cant snap anymore, whistling isnt a strong point, and I never chew gun, so cant blow any bubbles. I wish again I could

rlcomp
4th March 2007, 08:14 AM
I can Snap very well, I could never whistle or blow bubbles. Before I got some sugery done on my tounge when I was 3, I couldn't lick a ice cream cone either.

Omniscient
4th March 2007, 11:22 AM
I cant snap either... And I pretty much suck at blowing bubbles with chewing gum. But I can do the thing where you blow them sorta backwards and they make that loud pop.

Barnabas Collins
4th March 2007, 03:01 PM
Oh, I love snapping gum. I do that sometimes to annoy me sister. I can get them to give this loud crack, awsome.

pavili255
6th March 2007, 11:36 PM
Let's see... I can snap with both hands and both my middle and ring fingers. I am really good at whistling because my grandpa taught me when I was about 1.5-2 years old... before I could talk, that was how we communicated. I don't know how, but it worked!

Also, I can wink, and can blow bubbles with certain types of gum. I can move one eyebrow higher than the other, like "what the heck?!" I can pop almost any part of my body where there's a joint (back, neck, fingers, elbow, knee, ankle, toes, etc.)

Wow, I'm a freak! :rolleyes:

Omniscient
7th March 2007, 05:11 PM
I can move one eyebrow higher than the other, like "what the heck?!"
I can do that too!^^ But only with my right eyebrow...

I can pop almost any part of my body where there's a joint (back, neck, fingers, elbow, knee, ankle, toes, etc.)
After a little injury I had two years ago, I can completely twist my left thumb out of position.

pavili255
7th March 2007, 06:25 PM
I can do that too!^^ But only with my right eyebrow...

I can do it with both, but I do it best with my right eyebrow too. It just looks weird when I do it with my left eyebrow, but I can bearly get it out.

Omniscient
16th March 2007, 07:52 PM
I just noticed that when I simply raise my eyebrows, without trying ot get one higher than the other one. My right eyebrow still goes higher than my left one...

Khato
20th March 2007, 06:55 PM
I can whistle, snap my fingers, and raise my eyebrows. o.O; What's so hard about it?

But blowing bubbles with bubble gum? Impossible! I don't see how you can do it! XD. I've never been able to do that =(. How on earth are you supposed to?

Omniscient
20th March 2007, 10:12 PM
How on earth are you supposed to?

You blow...

lol, nevermind ;P

Lorma
21st March 2007, 03:34 PM
It blew my mind when I found out last year that the *snap* sound from snapping your fingers doens't come from the friction of your fingers, but from your middle finger slapping your palm. It makes sense now, but I had no concept of it before.

Omniscient
25th March 2007, 09:59 PM
I have two friends that can "shake" their eyes.
They look almost blurry.

Happenstance
26th March 2007, 12:25 AM
A co-worker of my uncle's has a son whose eyes didn't seem to point in the direction he was looking. This naturally got him in a good bit of trouble, such as when a superior asked him to look directly at them, and he appeared to still be staring off at the wall, when he was in fact following the command. He had surgery done to correct this, but now he can move his eyes independently of one another, and much more freely than is standard, and he has all sorts of personal entertainment with this. It's quite a show, I've seen it, and am somewhat jealous. Although some day the poor boy is going to hold it against his father for going to get the surgery, for if it didn't appear as though his eyes were pointed where he was looking, he could have ogled all the attractive girls - or boys, he has not reached that point of decision yet - without them realizing he was doing so. With his eye tricks, though, the lad will encounter no difficulties finding a significant other.

Sometimes when a stranger is staring suspiciously twenty inches to my right I wonder if perhaps he is in fact staring at me and has a vision offset.