PDA

View Full Version : hey does anyone like anime

tub of luv
8th February 2007, 02:36 AM
i was just curious if any one watched anime?

Diagonal
8th February 2007, 02:45 AM
Me. :D
I love Manga and Anime. :D

FatMike
8th February 2007, 06:12 AM
Nope, not me.

Omniscient
8th February 2007, 10:59 PM
How about hentai then?! mwuhuhuhu

FatMike
9th February 2007, 09:52 AM
How about hentai then?! mwuhuhuhu
*vomits*
Only very sick, twisted people liek that. :p

Omniscient
9th February 2007, 04:20 PM
*vomits*
Only very sick, twisted people liek that. :p

You'd actually be surprised if you knew how many watch it.
We're all sick and twisted in some way...:p

tub of luv
9th February 2007, 07:35 PM
no exactly what i meant.

fatlineman72
13th February 2007, 09:59 PM
is there any gainer anime? lol. theres something id watch

FatMike
14th February 2007, 08:19 AM
is there any gainer anime? lol. theres something id watch
Not sure about that..
The only gainer (though all BBW, not like thats bad though) anime-based stuff I've seen is some fan pics I've found online. Though there seems to be an anime for every fetish and every niche, so it wouldn't surprise me if there was.

Pandachan
16th February 2007, 02:21 PM
There's plenty of fansites and original artwork for fat (debu) manga, especially on some japanese sites (at least that's where I've found the best quality work). The sites are fairly hard to find though.

Barnabas Collins
23rd February 2007, 02:13 AM
I like anime and manga, though I only get to see of it what my friend will lend me. Hellsing was awsome, but I was disappointed at the stop of translations (or was that the end??).

dream853
28th April 2007, 05:45 PM
oooh I love anime and manga!!!

hahaha has anyone seen the uncut versions of Sailor Moon? haha i know it might sound weird but i think they're awesome :p

Has anyone watched Mai-HiME or Mai-Otome? i really like those too, ohh and Chobits

Manga - S. Moon, Rebirth!!

haha i guess there are too many to list

tub of luv
29th April 2007, 03:24 AM
i've seen sailor moon but never the uncut versions

Here
29th April 2007, 04:52 AM
I like anime and manga, though I only get to see of it what my friend will lend me. Hellsing was awsome, but I was disappointed at the stop of translations (or was that the end??).

From what I was told by my friend who introduced me they ended Hellsing because it wasn't popular in Japan. They did make a newer movie version of the whole story with slightly different animation, but that's all I know of.

I personally have seen only some anime. Hellsing, Full Metal Alchemist, and Naruto are the only ones I've seen and like. But as soon as I catch up on Naruto episodes I'll be trying out Bleach.

Anyone recommend any others? I also know of a site where you can download free fansubs if anyone is interested.

dream853
29th April 2007, 04:46 PM
ohh well i think that the uncut versions with English subtitles are definitely better than the ones that are localized and brought over to North America. The ones in North America are like completely edited and don't show half of the plot etc. If you're interested in that kind of anime, i would really recommend it.

tub of luv
29th April 2007, 05:51 PM
Bleach is my favorite anime as of right now so i would recommend it.

Barnabas Collins
29th April 2007, 11:36 PM
American translations tend to be far too liberal and just completely rewrite the story. I recently found some anime I used to watch on tv. I selected the Japanese version with english subtitles (to see how the voices were intended to sound), and I was shocked at the differences in the stories. I went from watching just one episode to rewatching the entire series. It's so different, so much better.

dream853
30th April 2007, 01:07 AM
ohh really tub of love? i heard it was awesome so i'll definitely have to check it out :p

and yes i agree with you completely Barnabas ;)...now if im ever given the option i'll choose the Japanese track. I love how they always bring so much emotion and a=depth to the various characters (the Japanese seiyuu).

gooseface
30th April 2007, 01:31 AM
I second that Bleach recomendation :P. Moreso the Sub'ed over the newly dub'ed stuff. And I'm a little bit of an anime nerd so I've seen a few series. To name a few there's Gunsword, GunGrave, Hellsing (short but great :P), Onegai Twins, FullMetalAlchemist, a few Gundam Wing series, and Samurai Deeper (I prefer the manga, but the anime is ok). And I agree with you guys about the Japanese tracks over the english ones. It makes it so much easier to get into the plot and you can really get the full front of the characters' emotions.

tub of luv
30th April 2007, 03:41 AM
ok lets take naruto for example if u watch that in japanese then try and watch the crap on toonami it's worlds different.

dream853
1st May 2007, 11:02 PM
hahaha i agree lol
that reminds me though, has anyone ever watched Blood+ on the cartoon network? it's a spin-off of the movie Blood: The Last Vampire (which i thought was awesome lol)...it's pretty bloody though, so if ur not into that, u may not like it lol....but it does have an interesting plot lol

gooseface
2nd May 2007, 12:24 AM
Oh, I just thought of a newer anime that's a good one to watch :P. It's called Noein and it's a nice little 24 episode series. Great plot and it even mixes in some quantum physics (may sound lame, but it's done in a cool way ;) ). And I thought that was an awesome movie too dream xD

tub of luv
3rd May 2007, 05:32 AM
hahaha i agree lol
that reminds me though, has anyone ever watched Blood+ on the cartoon network? it's a spin-off of the movie Blood: The Last Vampire (which i thought was awesome lol)...it's pretty bloody though, so if ur not into that, u may not like it lol....but it does have an interesting plot lol

I've been wanting to but i missed the first couple episodes so i don;t have the plot down.

dream853
3rd May 2007, 01:57 PM
Yeah the same thing happened to me...i didn't know it started March 1st lol...but I kind of like the Japanese with English subs version better anyway...
Have you ever heard of Peekvid? or Veoh?...i know peekvid has all 50 or so episodes that you can watch free with no account or anything...they're in the anime section
also im not sure, but usually Veoh has a good selection of anime series to watch--also with good subtitles

If you don't want to wait for tanime titles to come over to the US or Europe etc. from Japan, then I'd recommend those places (I'm addicted!:p) :D

www.peekvid.com
www.veoh.com

tub of luv
3rd May 2007, 05:24 PM
that's cool ususally i watch on youtube put it's good to have options...

hih
19th June 2007, 03:21 PM
yes

im a huge fan of anime/manga

particularly naruto,mar and many more

Elfstone
27th June 2007, 06:27 AM
I really dislike alot of the Enlgish versions (Naruto is a good example of a ruined anime when it was Dub'd)

My favorite is probably FMA. I like the fact that it isnt all fighting, and there were episodes where there wasn't any fighting. It was very philosophical and deep, discussing the ideas of death, life, religion, family, etc. Not to mention unlike many Anime people look different facially, aside from the hair. So if you take away the crazy (not so much in FMA) anime hair, you can tell who they are.

Also: Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell, Bleach seems o.k., Havent made my mind up on it. I tend to like the well dub'd english versions (IE: not toonami crap. Most of the Adult Swim shows they have, and have had, are well done. They dont change the scripts too much.)

BigBellyBoi
9th July 2007, 04:59 AM
I Like bleach too! and i like naruto! lol, i hate the english verison s though, the "BELIeve It!!!!!" phrase is kinda r-tarded. i also like fruits basket, chrono crusade, eureka seven. and a few more. AND, AND AND AND AND I M THE PRESIDENT OF MY ANIME CLUB AT MY HIGH SCHOOL!!!! woot. lol

AFatChance
9th July 2007, 09:30 AM
Trigun pwns.

dragonboy
9th July 2007, 10:37 AM
I love anime, My favorite is probably Negima (which is just a manga right now TT_TT), or shaman king (my best friend and I are cosplaying as BoZ for Acen next year XD)

I've been kinda meh about the whole fma craze...too many plot holes for my liking.

Hate one piece, bobobo, and naruto with a passion. And don't even get me started on yugimon.

and yes. Trigun does pwn. Along with cowboy bebop.

fat man mikey
9th July 2007, 03:42 PM
i love anime and manga!!!i could watch Chrono Crusade,FMA, and Bleach all day!!!!Shaman king rox 2...Faust rulz!!!

dragonboy
9th July 2007, 08:08 PM
Shaman king rox 2...Faust rulz!!!

I support FaustxEliza XD

Best chara. ever... Hands down.

Way too many mary-sues for him, though...

BonnyCub
11th July 2007, 07:13 AM
if you say anime I say evangelion :D and its copy... which isn't really that bad Rahxephon; I also like Ghost in the shell, cybaster, vampire hunter D, The pet shop of horrors (it's a movie), inuyasha? (too popular maybe) gundam wings, macross, robotech, knights of zodiac!!!! akira...
I know what hentai is but have never seen it... There are kinda of art about big men, not necessary fat, there's a collection of calendars called "fujimoto" try to search it on the web and you'll get them. I've also seen gay theme manga of kumaguro or maybe Jiraya...
Greetings!!

goodgainer
13th August 2007, 01:01 AM
yep, tho' I like shoujo anime, like Dr. Rin ni kiimite and and Ouran High School Host Club*. I like Manga better tho.

Anime: Ouran high school host club, Venus Versus Virus, hayate the combat butler
Manga: Happy Hustle High, Fairy Tail, BLEACH, Ouran High school host club, Hayate the combat butler

tub of luv
13th August 2007, 05:49 PM
I love anime, My favorite is probably Negima (which is just a manga right now TT_TT),

Negima is an anime i've seen it it's pretty good...

gooseface
14th August 2007, 03:04 AM
I just started watching claymore and it's quite good. Worth a look if you're craving something new :P

hyefeeder
17th August 2007, 11:26 AM
i like anime too
some time ago i decided i would watch it but i didnt know how to find out what anime's there were, so i found this site: http://www.absoluteanime.com/anime.php?lang=u&genre=fantasy&textpos=start&text=
it's got a whole list of probably most of the anime out there, but not sure.
i mainly like anime about fantasy or myth or soemthing like that, with magic or whatnot
i am currently watching Bleach, and so farit's been good
i liek Cardcaptors, i remember watching it when i was younger and when they used to air it on tv, and i must agree that watching it in japanese with english subtitles is better, as the dubbed ones miis out a lot of the emotions and meaning

also i used to watch it on youtube, but i hated it when soemtimes the video would stop playing halfway through and i wouldnt be bale to watch the rest of the episode, but i found www.veoh.com
and its easier as u can sign up for a free account and can download the videos straight to ur computer so u can watch whenever u want, even from work, and the quality is usually much better.

vladtalto
24th August 2007, 07:27 PM
My favorite anime is FoolyCooly.

dream853
27th August 2007, 01:30 PM
Is anyone from Canada interested in this thread?...or did anyone else go to the fan expo in Toronto this past weekend? :D...it was AWESOME! as usual :p

gooseface
30th August 2007, 05:45 PM
I would have liked to have gone to that :(. I'm out too far east to get out for that :\

dream853
31st August 2007, 02:06 PM
awwww im sorry :(...do you think they might have something like it near where you live? :p...
It's so awesome if you liek artbooks or anything like that...some of the exhibitors have artbooks from like every single show, if they've been published :p.....and i bought tons of Pocky (and Hello Panda) :p hehe

MCR Fan
2nd September 2007, 03:25 AM
My favorite anime is FoolyCooly.

Good show! And the pillows did the music for it, so that's even better. <-<

Anyway, I am into anime/manga. My favorite right now is prolly Deathnote or Bleach. Well, those are the two I'm keeping up with. All time favorites have to be Kodocha(if anyone knows this... good for you haha), Rurouni Kenshin, and Immortal Rain.

gooseface
9th September 2007, 09:21 PM
awwww im sorry ...do you think they might have something like it near where you live? ...

Haha, it's ok :P. I kind of doubt that anything like that would ever come around where I live >.<

BigBellyBoi
4th January 2008, 12:18 AM
deathnote is my newwww obsession :]] lolz

gooseface
4th January 2008, 07:32 AM
I thought deathnote was great until a certain major event occurred (don't want to ruin it for you if you're not there :P ), and then I thought the plot lost some of it's conviction.

Fat samurai
5th January 2008, 04:23 PM
I gotta go with my first anime loves, DragonBall and DragonBallZ. Every other DragonBall after Z Sux. Oh Sailor Moon was one of my favs, Dr. Slump, Does anyone like MAR(Marchen Awakens Romance)? And gotta say Deathnote rox my sox 2.

BigBellyBoi
5th January 2008, 08:05 PM
i like the MAR mangas... i have all 15, but i dont like the anime

petenchepe2004
7th January 2008, 08:02 PM
I'm really not a fan of Anime. (use to love the classics as a kid, DBZ, pokemon, Gundam, but i grew out of it) but i got a DS with Pokemon pearl for Christmas and i'm really into that game lol... gotta love old school

Goldenejk
7th January 2008, 11:18 PM
As you can tell by my avatar, I love Bleach. I'm also into Deathnote, Full-Metal Alchemist, and Naruto. My favorite? Probably...Deathnote...

ZOMG Baking Girl
9th January 2008, 09:04 PM
I love anime :D Too bad none of the characters I like are ever made chubby :( My luck sucks XD

Anyway, I'm into most magical girl stuff, but I do like some other things (For example, Detective Conan).

dublover42
14th January 2008, 02:50 PM
I like anime, but I only watch what I can on Adult Swim, and a little bit online.

My current favorite is DeathNote.

Big-jamie
16th January 2008, 03:01 AM
death note n fma 4 me

Goldenejk
18th January 2008, 12:35 AM
Hm. I like FMA dub better than subbed, if you ask me. To me, FMA has the best English dub out of every anime I've seen. Too bad it ended instead of following the manga (which is still going).

fatboy225
22nd March 2008, 04:45 AM
Yupyup!! Can't get enough of it!! ^^.

Strider
31st March 2008, 08:26 PM
I used to watch a lot of anime back in the day when I had an FTP buddy who would hook me up with free subbed series. I at one point had all the Outlaw Star, Cowboy Bebop (including movies), .Hack series (the original, the second, and the 4 mini's from the games), some Love Hina, and a few others. dot-Hack had to have been my favorite though.

redvein
2nd April 2008, 07:38 AM
I used to watch a lot of anime back in the day when I had an FTP buddy who would hook me up with free subbed series. I at one point had all the Outlaw Star, Cowboy Bebop (including movies), .Hack series (the original, the second, and the 4 mini's from the games), some Love Hina, and a few others. dot-Hack had to have been my favorite though.

OMG!
I love Outlaw star, it was so short, and awesome that... omg... it was so awesome... I loved Melphina... she ran the ship which I though was awesome, and she also did it naked. (but adult swim cencered that)

but anyways, I like FMA, Deathnote, Blood+
an Loveless <--- (yaoi with bishonen)